What's in Your Fruit Bowl ?

I have only got frozen mango, frozen cherries and frozen bananas so nothing fresh! The grocery order had my clementines and apples missing.

ETA - I forgot to press post last night. I bought clementines last night.

@Emma JC I have a basket instead of a bowl, too!... I received a fruit basket as a gift, and thought: why throw it out? I think it's more ornamental than a bowl, although there's nothing wrong with a bowl. The only drawback to a basket would be if something were overly ripe or maybe on the verge of dripping juice, even though it wasn't starting to spoil. I currently have some berries in the fridge too: blueberries, black and red raspberries. I think berries spoil more quickly than most other fruit and that's why I usually keep them cool, even though I prefer my fruit room-temperature. I've been mixing an assortment of them in my oats.

Anyway, the small shelf between my fridge and stove usually looks like an ever-changing Still Life. (except that I usually keep my potatoes on that shelf in the bag I bought them in, next to the basket. I can't remember seeing any taters in a still life).

Yes, I use one of those hanging multi-tiered wire baskets that you can hang from the ceiling. I took the chains off years ago and just have them piled together and inside I put a coffee filter to catch any "drippings". I like the air flow and the flexibility so if they fill up I can separate them and have two or three wire baskets. Almost all my fruit is frozen or kept in the fridge. Bananas and apples are the only ones sitting out and there is always garlic there too.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: PTree15
Yes, I use one of those hanging multi-tiered wire baskets that you can hang from the ceiling. I took the chains off years ago and just have them piled together and inside I put a coffee filter to catch any "drippings". I like the air flow and the flexibility so if they fill up I can separate them and have two or three wire baskets. Almost all my fruit is frozen or kept in the fridge. Bananas and apples are the only ones sitting out and there is always garlic there too.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
I've been keeping an eye out for those hanging wire baskets used. I'd like one just for potatoes to hang in the basement to keep fresher. Never understood them being in plastic bags--if I see moisture I skip them, and often do!
I'll go to the produce market tomorrow. I crave citrus, mainly grapefruit

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
Same here. I need to make a fruit and veggie run soon.
I finally have some fruit: a pineapple, bananas, limes, lemons, oranges and four kinds of apples (mostly for baking): Cortland, Empire, McIntosh and Granny Smith.

Reactions: HappyRoxy
In my fruit bowl I have a variety of different fruits, including apples, oranges, bananas, grapes, pears, and strawberries.

Reactions: Emma JC