What's in Your Fruit Bowl ?

Prunes are yummy.
Nothing in my fruit bowl. I’m hoping to get some apples and bananas at my grocery pick up on Wednesday.

No fruit at all, other than prunes and dates. They don't count.
I've also not only lost my taste for bananas, they mess with my tummy now!
Want watermelon!

• Friendly
Reactions: Val and PTree15
I was just at Aldi and passed on the pineapple, now regretting that decision. I got a couple mango and a watermelon.
They had frozen blueberries, big 4 lb bags generically labeled "grown in USA" for $6.99. Wishing I'd bought one now that I see I have freezer room!

Reactions: Val and Emma JC
I was just at Aldi and passed on the pineapple, now regretting that decision. I got a couple mango and a watermelon.
They had frozen blueberries, big 4 lb bags generically labeled "grown in USA" for $6.99. Wishing I'd bought one now that I see I have freezer room!
My Aldi was out of watermelon, which is disappointing because I would have bought that, too. :D I'm going to make fruit salad when my bananas turn more yellow.

Apples and bananas...and watermelon which technically is not in the fruit bowl but residing in the refrigerator. I’m down to the last quarter and feeling sad. I will risk buying one again at my curbside pickup next Monday.

2 avocados, a few pink grapes and 2 peaches. The fruit and veg didn't look too fresh and everything was a bit expensive. I also got some vine tomatoes and a bag of frozen berries.
“Pink” grapes? *intrigued*

Today was quite hot and we refreshed ourselves with a magnificent chilled fruit salad based on melon. Not watermelon but good old fashioned melon. Not only was it at its peak of perfection but it looked attractive because of the varying colours of added other fruits.

We are proud almost to the point of arrogance at judging a melon to be just right. Opened too soon and the flesh is hard and tasteless. Opened too late and it is mushy and overly sweet.

When at its best it will have a slightly improved odour. Also, if held in the palm of one had and squeezed firmly between the thumb and fingers of the other, it will feel a little softer. At the same time the pressure creates the very slightest of wrinkles on the skin.

Roger.

Today I was in grocery store and when I saw all of those cute fruits I bought few of them..I bought strawberries, watermelon, melon, bananas and of course mango. I love to prepare shakes from strawberries and bananas, sometimes I mix blueberries with bananas - it depends on what I have in my kitchen.!

My Aldi was out of watermelon, which is disappointing because I would have bought that, too. :D I'm going to make fruit salad when my bananas turn more yellow.
My watermelon was fully rotten! I have never seen a watermelon like that before- it looked fine, it thumped, it was heavy. I cut it in half to see total mush! It even smelled! Like it had been in a pile of melons for weeks waiting to be plowed over when they changed their minds and sold them.
Now what I do even do with it? I don't want it on my compost- too sweet.

That happened to me a few years ago. I returned it to the store for a refund. I don’t often do that with bad fruit but i was so annoyed at that point.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Val
That happened to me a few years ago. I returned it to the store for a refund. I don’t often do that with bad fruit but i was so annoyed at that point.
What'd you do take the whole nasty thing back in a garbage bag?
I think I'd only done that with black mold date

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and Val