A Pukka vegan sausage roll. I have realised that I like pea protein a lot.
Hey there @PTree15 I’ve never heard of Spicy Chilli Crisp - could you please explain what it is? ThanksI'm having a bean dip made with kidney beans, vegan yogurt and spicy chili crisp -- a new-to-me flavoring. It's a a recipe from Derek Sarno, and it's pretty good with just the three ingredients, but I feel like it needs more tang. It also might benefit from sitting for a bit, lol. I ate it right away.
I did add some lime juice, and that kicked it up a notch. I'm thinking maybe pickle or olive brine might help the next time I make it. The base is good, though, and I will make this again. He made it with black beans, but I usually like bean dip with kidney beans. On the plus side, I'm loving the chili crisp. It has the perfect amount of heat.
I had never had it until today. It's kind of like an infused oil, but it's full of crunchy bits. I believe it has garlic, onions, chili peppers, etc., in it plus some other flavorings. It gave my dip some nice texture, and it definitely has a kick to it. I like heat, and this I would classify as a bit more than medium. Not eye-watering or anything, but the heat is definitely there, in a good way. I really liked it. I bought a small jar of it in case I didn't like it, but the Asian grocery store I went to has larger jars, and I'll be getting the larger one next time.Hey there @PTree15 I’ve never heard of Spicy Chilli Crisp - could you please explain what it is? Thanks
I passed by a sign with your town name on the way home from Albany Saturday morning so I waved and said, hi PTree, lol.I treated myself to some artisan vegan cheese from Divine Treasures, a chevre-style herbed cheese. It's quite tasty, and I'm having it on water crackers.
I'm having a bean dip made with kidney beans, vegan yogurt and spicy chili crisp -- a new-to-me flavoring. It's a a recipe from Derek Sarno, and it's pretty good with just the three ingredients, but I feel like it needs more tang. It also might benefit from sitting for a bit, lol. I ate it right away.
I did add some lime juice, and that kicked it up a notch. I'm thinking maybe pickle or olive brine might help the next time I make it. The base is good, though, and I will make this again. He made it with black beans, but I usually like bean dip with kidney beans. On the plus side, I'm loving the chili crisp. It has the perfect amount of heat.
Thank you! I have white miso, but not red. I'll put that on my shopping list, as I really liked this dip.Red miso as you're using kidney beans, garlic powder, lemon juice and smoked paprika will give the dip some extra kick.
Thank you! I have white miso, but not red. I'll put that on my shopping list, as I really liked this dip.
I'm sorry for your loss, Emma.yesterday for brunch was grapefruit/banana and then breakfast beans/onions/jalapeno/spices on toast with a teryaki tofu burger patty on the side
today I have to leave soon for a 'second cousin' funeral so just going to have something small, maybe toast and peanut butter/banana
Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
I got a jar from Trader Joes once and it definitely had some heat, and I liked it a lot. I then found a small jar at Dollar Tree for $1.25 so I got it, but it really isn't spicy at all! It has the same crunchy bits, and does add flavor, more in the way of sun dried tomatoes in oil.I had never had it until today. It's kind of like an infused oil, but it's full of crunchy bits. I believe it has garlic, onions, chili peppers, etc., in it plus some other flavorings. It gave my dip some nice texture, and it definitely has a kick to it. I like heat, and this I would classify as a bit more than medium. Not eye-watering or anything, but the heat is definitely there, in a good way. I really liked it. I bought a small jar of it in case I didn't like it, but the Asian grocery store I went to has larger jars, and I'll be getting the larger one next time.