Whatcha Eatin?

Breakfast was salt & pepper crackers with Aldi pink Deli slices plus Shoreditch smoked.

Lunch was a salad; kidney beans, corn, grated carrots, sliced roast red peppers, smoked tofu, avocado, sliced beetroot, pumpkin seeds plus
vinaigrette/yeast flakes.

A banana.


1790522787098.png
 
I'm having a bean dip made with kidney beans, vegan yogurt and spicy chili crisp -- a new-to-me flavoring. It's a a recipe from Derek Sarno, and it's pretty good with just the three ingredients, but I feel like it needs more tang. It also might benefit from sitting for a bit, lol. I ate it right away.

I did add some lime juice, and that kicked it up a notch. I'm thinking maybe pickle or olive brine might help the next time I make it. The base is good, though, and I will make this again. He made it with black beans, but I usually like bean dip with kidney beans. On the plus side, I'm loving the chili crisp. It has the perfect amount of heat.
 
I'm having a bean dip made with kidney beans, vegan yogurt and spicy chili crisp -- a new-to-me flavoring. It's a a recipe from Derek Sarno, and it's pretty good with just the three ingredients, but I feel like it needs more tang. It also might benefit from sitting for a bit, lol. I ate it right away.

I did add some lime juice, and that kicked it up a notch. I'm thinking maybe pickle or olive brine might help the next time I make it. The base is good, though, and I will make this again. He made it with black beans, but I usually like bean dip with kidney beans. On the plus side, I'm loving the chili crisp. It has the perfect amount of heat.
Hey there @PTree15 I’ve never heard of Spicy Chilli Crisp - could you please explain what it is? Thanks
 
Hey there @PTree15 I’ve never heard of Spicy Chilli Crisp - could you please explain what it is? Thanks
I had never had it until today. It's kind of like an infused oil, but it's full of crunchy bits. I believe it has garlic, onions, chili peppers, etc., in it plus some other flavorings. It gave my dip some nice texture, and it definitely has a kick to it. I like heat, and this I would classify as a bit more than medium. Not eye-watering or anything, but the heat is definitely there, in a good way. I really liked it. I bought a small jar of it in case I didn't like it, but the Asian grocery store I went to has larger jars, and I'll be getting the larger one next time.
 
I have heard of chili crisp from some vegan YouTubers I follow and I meant to buy some.
 
I treated myself to some artisan vegan cheese from Divine Treasures, a chevre-style herbed cheese. It's quite tasty, and I'm having it on water crackers.
I passed by a sign with your town name on the way home from Albany Saturday morning so I waved and said, hi PTree, lol. 🤩

I thought of Divine Treasures too. 🤗

Omg...I was going to abbreviate Divine Treasures then realized what the initials are. 🤮

😂 😂 😂
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Emma JC
I'm having a bean dip made with kidney beans, vegan yogurt and spicy chili crisp -- a new-to-me flavoring. It's a a recipe from Derek Sarno, and it's pretty good with just the three ingredients, but I feel like it needs more tang. It also might benefit from sitting for a bit, lol. I ate it right away.

I did add some lime juice, and that kicked it up a notch. I'm thinking maybe pickle or olive brine might help the next time I make it. The base is good, though, and I will make this again. He made it with black beans, but I usually like bean dip with kidney beans. On the plus side, I'm loving the chili crisp. It has the perfect amount of heat.

Red miso as you're using kidney beans, garlic powder, lemon juice and smoked paprika will give the dip some extra kick.
 
  • Agree
Reactions: Emma JC
yesterday for brunch was grapefruit/banana and then breakfast beans/onions/jalapeno/spices on toast with a teryaki tofu burger patty on the side

today I have to leave soon for a 'second cousin' funeral so just going to have something small, maybe toast and peanut butter/banana

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
 
yesterday for brunch was grapefruit/banana and then breakfast beans/onions/jalapeno/spices on toast with a teryaki tofu burger patty on the side

today I have to leave soon for a 'second cousin' funeral so just going to have something small, maybe toast and peanut butter/banana

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
I'm sorry for your loss, Emma.
 
I had never had it until today. It's kind of like an infused oil, but it's full of crunchy bits. I believe it has garlic, onions, chili peppers, etc., in it plus some other flavorings. It gave my dip some nice texture, and it definitely has a kick to it. I like heat, and this I would classify as a bit more than medium. Not eye-watering or anything, but the heat is definitely there, in a good way. I really liked it. I bought a small jar of it in case I didn't like it, but the Asian grocery store I went to has larger jars, and I'll be getting the larger one next time.
I got a jar from Trader Joes once and it definitely had some heat, and I liked it a lot. I then found a small jar at Dollar Tree for $1.25 so I got it, but it really isn't spicy at all! It has the same crunchy bits, and does add flavor, more in the way of sun dried tomatoes in oil.
Speaking of sun dried tomatoes- I got a jar from Aldi and they're not nearly as good as the jar I just finished. I think that one was from TJ's
 
Just had a big potato with my mayo, nooch and bac'n bits. The bag says 'restaurant quality', and it did seem like a big baked potato you'd get at a steak house. I just microwaved it on half power cause baking is too long