Whatcha Eatin?

A quinoa, vegetable, black olive salad with vinaigrette and chickpea puree. A slice of ww granary baguette with spread.
A white peach.
Chilled mango, lime and chili infusion.

It's far too hot to cook.🥵

Reactions: PTree15
@Val Yes- those are exactly what I have growing!

Last week I cooked some plain garbanzo beans in my slow cooker; I just soaked them in water, rinsed them, and cooked them on "low" with no salt for about 10 hours(!!) They were still pretty chewy. Over the week at work, starting on Monday, I had them as part of my lunch every day. but even though I LOVE garbanzos, I was getting tired of them. So, my next batch won't be so big. I'm planning on starting the garbanzos by themselves and then adding some brown rice when they're portly cooked, so everything will be done together. I'll probably set the cooker on "high", too.

I bought some black seedless grapes on my way home from work today. Yummmm….

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
A Greek style salad (without the cheese) plus quinoa with vinaigrette. Oat cakes with chickpea puree.
Blueberries with Alpro almond yogurt.
A white peach.
Fizzy mango/passion fruit flavoured drink.

A lot of watermelon and pistachios!
For lunch I had a Quorn spicy vegan patty with vegenaise and lettuce. I'd been craving a sandwich!
Had to buy vegenaise since Just Mayo is gone..,..now the store has Earth Balance-which I like better and is cheaper by 1.50 :rolleyes:

A salad ; corn, diced tomatoes, cucumber, gem lettuce, sliced seitan plus vinaigrette. A slice of granary baguette/spread.
Apricots.
Iced mango, lime and chili infusion.

Ww gnocchetti salad with vegetables, vinaigrette plus a sprinkle of yeast flakes.
Alpro yogurt with blueberries.
Mango & passion fruit squash.

Reactions: Val
I have made pancakes for breakfast this morning. I bought some beauty berry syrup from one of the regular vendors at the Farmer's Market Friday evening. It is really yummy! I never heard of beauty berries before!
Wow! I had to look it up: it looks delicious and really healthy,- i love astringent berries! It's not native to our area.
But we have oblepikha instead (sandthorn, seaberry). We make everything out of it, but most of the time - it's jam or chutney. It's a very effective natural remedy, because it's a powerful antioxidant and immunomodulator. Does it grow in your area?
Oblepikha (hippophae):
17-50-06-plody-oblepihi-825x619.jpg

IMG_20190728_192750.jpg

IMG_20190728_192639.jpg

IMG_20190728_192907.jpg

Last edited:
I think I will try to grow beauty berry next spring! I should be able to find them at the plant event downtown. Since they are a native plant, I think they should be readily available.

Yay! I finally got 4 packs of chickpea dumplings!🥟🥟🥟 So, i'll be devouring them right now, with some store-brand pickled yuba and sauerkraut.
+Some peaches for dessert.

New gorgeous plum pastila, that i bought in "Fives" today.:lick: (I got one more rouleau of pastila, so i'm hoping to share it with Liza).
Plus, i'm eating Gala apples. They are really gigantic.😇

Some very cherry plums from Trader Joes! I love them! I didn't think to buy their frozen wild blueberries when I was their so I'll go back and hope to get more cherry plums! :tomato:

Reactions: Val