Whatcha Eatin?

I just made some steel cut oatmeal. Yay! I bought some fresh raspberries yesterday which will go on top, with a sliced banana. Yum!

Reactions: Emma JC
I found some vegan ice cream at Carrefour's. They usually have some once every 6 months and what a letdown.

It was Ben & Jerry's Berry Revolution which was sickly sweet, not creamy, filled with cheap chocolate chips/biscuits/cake.
Simply awful and hence I still have my craving for some delicious ice cream!

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Brian W
I have been quite healthy today. So far I have had two crusty bread rolls with avocado and Cornish sea salt and some strawberries, blueberries and grapes.

• Love
Reactions: shyvas and Emma JC
Leftover potato & cauliflower salad which tasted better as the vinaigrette had soaked up.
A small sandwich made with ww rye seeded bread with Violife cream cheese and a huge sprinkle
of low sodium Tajin. The latter paired well with the cheese which has a slight coconut taste to it.
A few salt & vinegar crisps.
A Tom Collins cocktail with added lime juice.

Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
The local supermarket's bakery make these things, I call them breakfast bars but I think they call them energy bars. They are like little loaves of bread. Whole wheat with chopped apples, cranberries, raisins and walnuts. Trader Joe's used to sell something similar that they called primeval bars.

Anyway, I got up early and went grocery shopping. they sell out of these fast so as long as I was there so early I bought 6, and that cleaned them out. I usually freeze them but since I just got them and hadn't had breakfast yet I heated one up in the toaster oven - and I'm having a fresh one.

Back when I was working I ate these regularly while I drove to work.

Oh! I found them online. 290 calories, 9 g of protein. 3 g fiber, no added sugars.

1657816385021.png

The local supermarket's bakery make these things, I call them breakfast bars but I think they call them energy bars. They are like little loaves of bread. Whole wheat with chopped apples, cranberries, raisins and walnuts. Trader Joe's used to sell something similar that they called primeval bars.

Anyway, I got up early and went grocery shopping. they sell out of these fast so as long as I was there so early I bought 6, and that cleaned them out. I usually freeze them but since I just got them and hadn't had breakfast yet I heated one up in the toaster oven - and I'm having a fresh one.

Back when I was working I ate these regularly while I drove to work.

Oh! I found them online. 290 calories, 9 g of protein. 3 g fiber, no added sugars.

View attachment 27478
I thought they were biscotti and now i want ginger biscotti. If not hot this weekend I'll make them

Darn Aldi. My son got these Tzaziki kettle chips and was raving about them. I just had to look at the back--they are vegan!
I need to get him another bag
1657837573302.png

Leftovers; potato & cauliflower salad with grated carrots, roast red peppers, a slice of tofu bake,
vinaigrette & yeast flakes.

A slice of watermelon.

Reactions: Emma JC