Whatcha Eatin?

I just made one with almond milk. Tastes much nicer! I really like the Oatly barista milk so I should buy some of that as the weather is getting a bit colder.

• Love
Reactions: shyvas
I just made one with almond milk. Tastes much nicer! I really like the Oatly barista milk so I should buy some of that as the weather is getting a bit colder.

I saw Barista oat milk from another brand (we don't get Oatly products over here) but it contained sugar, so I passed.

I had a pan friend raw soy/wheat burger with leftover ratatouille.
A persimmon.

A Dreamsicle Oatmilk Latte. A sandwich of Violife Mature Cheddar slice, Yves Bologna, and mustard on Oatmeal Bread. That Yves Bologna tasted just like the original stuff. Funny that I don't like meat and yet I'm enjoying the substitutes much more. They must taste better!

I'm making a tofu scramble this morning. I have a heap more chanterelle mushrooms I have to use up, so I'm making things I can incorporate them into.

The tofu scramble will be tasty. I have some red onions and bell peppers to add to this mix. I just baked some fresh bread yesterday, so I will serve my breakfast with fresh soft bread, rather than toasted.

I can never make a small amount of anything it would seem, so this will likely turn into leftovers for lunch or even dinner if I get lazy later on.

Currently, I'm sipping my own oatmilk latte, but I'm going to start prepping my veggies right now. I also use barrista oatmilk, as I found the regular oatmilk doesn't froth in my Breville frother.

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC and EllieW
I'm making a tofu scramble this morning. I have a heap more chanterelle mushrooms I have to use up, so I'm making things I can incorporate them into.

The tofu scramble will be tasty. I have some red onions and bell peppers to add to this mix. I just baked some fresh bread yesterday, so I will serve my breakfast with fresh soft bread, rather than toasted.

I can never make a small amount of anything it would seem, so this will likely turn into leftovers for lunch or even dinner if I get lazy later on.

Currently, I'm sipping my own oatmilk latte, but I'm going to start prepping my veggies right now. I also use barrista oatmilk, as I found the regular oatmilk doesn't froth in my Breville frother.

I am using Barista Oatmilk as well but since it's twice as expensive as regular oatmilk, I used 1/4 cup barista and 1/4 cup regular and 1/2 cup water and it froths up just as much. I love it, tasty and frothy and creamy! I had the same problem when I just used regular oatmilk, it doesn't froth much on its own.

• Agree
Reactions: Veganite
I am using Barista Oatmilk as well but since it's twice as expensive as regular oatmilk, I used 1/4 cup barista and 1/4 cup regular and 1/2 cup water and it froths up just as much. I love it, tasty and frothy and creamy! I had the same problem when I just used regular oatmilk, it doesn't froth much on its own.

It contains more fat compared to plain Oatly milk. Why don't you just try to add some Oatly cream to plain Oatly milk instead? That's what I do with soya milk.

• Informative
  • Friendly
Reactions: EllieW and Veganite
It contains more fat compared to plain Oatly milk. Why don't you just try to add some Oatly cream to plain Oatly milk instead? That's what I do with soya milk.
I haven't seen Oatly Cream. Maybe we don't have it here?

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
For lunch I made a huge potful of mashed potatoes, scooped some out for hubby and then added Red Cabbage with Apples to mine and mixed it all up. Ate it with some Beyond Breakfast Sausages cooked up in the convection oven. Put the rest of the mashed potatoes in containers in the fridge, enough for 3 or 4 more meals.

Reactions: Emma JC