Whatcha Eatin?

Had a brilliant cooked brunch this morning. The star was a slab of quickly fried firm tofu topped with a mix of vegan mayo, nooch, mustard powder, white pepper, tumeric, truffle oil (not the posh stuff) and stinky black salt.
Chocolate chip wheat germ biscuits plus some cherry & elderflower infusion with stevia.
Very apt, given that today is Biscuit Day! If only BrianW could hold off another day with his Hobnobs. I don't have biscuits in, I'll only binge the whole packet and then feel terrible, Cronometer or no Cronometer.

Last edited:
it's Saturday so had steel cut oats/red split lentis with cranberries, mushroom pwd, ground flax - topped with berries, banana, and all the other good stuff - pb toast too

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

What else can you use mushroom powder for? I've been tempted to buy it for a while.

I have been putting it in everything that it will mix with... soups, morning oatmeal, smoothies, beans - basically anything that could use a umami boost in flavour without making it taste horrid.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Never had a real hobnob but are they like shop brand oaties?

Looking at the ingredients, I would say that they are the same thing but cheaper. Hobnobs taste great however, homemade ones are even better.
Both Aldi and Sainsbury's oaty biscuits are really good value for money.

1622363088791.png

I have only had an Alpro yoghurt so far today.

I'm making vegan sausages with a jacket potato and veggies with cheeze sauce again today as it was delish yesterday. :D

Reactions: Emma JC
What else can you use mushroom powder for? I've been tempted to buy it for a while.
I have used it in recipes for Vegan Pho and a vegan black bean soup. the black bean soup asked for Shitake mushroom powder. but its very expensive and I left it out. The vegan pho called for dried mushrooms - they too were expensive.
Let me know if you want the recipes.

I have used it in recipes for Vegan Pho and a vegan black bean soup. the black bean soup asked for Shitake mushroom powder. but its very expensive and I left it out. The vegan pho called for dried mushrooms - they too were expensive.
Let me know if you want the recipes.
The recipes would be great thanks