Whatcha Eatin ? - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gradually eating everything i could drag to the country: leftovers of split pea-veggie soup, new pail of korean-style chopped cabbage:drool:, qutab, nectarines, dark chocolates with fruit chunks. ...I thought i would never get to the house,- Gala's cans were as heavy as hell:devil: :yuck:. But now she's pleased for a short period of time, and won't grumble until tomorrow.
Tomorrow i'm planning to make a new farro soup!:woo: I miss farro soups. Despite that at the summer cottage we only have a small electric stove, which hardly boils anything, i should try to make something different, because mom had deceived me and didn't buy split peas.o_O So, yay farro! :leer:

Reactions: PTree15
Chokeberries (yesterday, from no one's shrubs along the road). I'm going to do it today when i go to the grocer. They are still quite astringent,- if birds don't eat them, they will stay on the shrubs until 2nd decade of October, and then they will be completely sweet. But now it's already mouth watering:drool:.

Apples (again). I bought a big bag of local ones. Early Macs. :)

Reactions: Val
Simple salad of tomatoes, boiled beets and boiled carrots + apple cider vinegar and yeast seasoning.
Stew of eggplants and peppers with salsa, seasonings and dill.:lick:
Pickles.
At night i'll be eating nectarins, larabars, dark chocolate and "belyj naliv" apples.:sleepy:

Last edited:
What is it on the second picture? I suspect, it's something super tasty... What is this "substance" made of? (Sorry for calling your food such a name):D.
Second pic is a leftover half of a yellow stuffed pepper sliced into thirds... roughly.... LOL

I just went elsewhere and found my post about the rest:

Doing some improvising in the kitchen.... I want to use up the rest of my dry brown rice (not much but it should be enough for what I'm doing)... I still have lentils... what I don't have is broth. But I do have half a red onion left, I have half a pound (roughly) of mushrooms left, I have two bell peppers left, plus plenty of garlic & greens (plus frozen mixed veggies if need be)... so I'll use the garlic & onion & shrooms & the tops of the peppers, sauté it all, add water & spices to make a nice stock... saving the bottom "bulb" parts of the peppers to eventually stuff them with the filling that ensues. LOL

I'm just making the stock & filling today, though... not much time for anything else. Better get to it! :chef:

ETA: Actually, I think I'm only going to be able to make the stock before I leave. That's just fine, though... it'll give the flavors more time to mingle, let that bay leaf do its thing. ;)

Just have tried a new bar "Frutolad".:lick: It's made of dried apricots, dried apples, fresh oranges, frozen cranberries, apple puree, raisins and fructose. I want more! And i've sent mom to Magnet (Aldi analog) for them.:p

I salvaged a zucchi-banzo patty & made myself a "pizza burger" of sorts... I guess. :shrug: Still rye bread (toasted, not grilled this time), but added Daiya provolone & mozzarella shreds, as well as some leftover Newman's Own tomato-basil sauce....

And I made the last of my fries (chips).

It's goin' on 2:30 in the morning & I'm not really all that hungry... but I need to eat this stuff! LOL

Made mushroom tetrizzini. Started to follow a recipe but that didn't last! Ended up sauteing mushrooms, onions, and garlic, then added some of my powdered dried mushrooms, some cornstarch mixed with water, some cashew creme (last time I buy those) with rosemary and black pepper. I mixed in whole wheat spaghetti. At serving I stirred some vegan (Aldis) creme cheese and nooch, then found how wonderful some salt made it :rolleyes:. I'm done trying to cut out salt! I do need to cut out a lot of other foods- I've been an eating fool lately! :oops:

Reactions: Val
My new "mesivo" of black rice, red cabbage, salsa, cayenne and yeast seasoning.
Georgian-style chopped pickled cabbage.
Pickled jalapeños.
Toasts with chickpea/tahini hummus.:p

Reactions: MadamSarcastra
Leftovers of my mung bean borscht,
Simple salad of napa cabbage, tomatoes, home-made pickles, yeast seasoning and apple cider vinegar,
Plums, cashews, iranian dates:lick:, the rest of gypsy apples,
Pickled spicy cabbage in beet marinade,
Korean-style pressed soy fiber,
Pine nut hummus with "vegetable" bread,
Pickled jalapeños again.:p
I'm up to buying a huge "head" of red cabbage tonight and making a new "mesivo" with black rice.:devil:

Some mushroom bourguignon & mashed potatoes... not really diggin' it, though. :| The "stew" is fantastic with fettuccine... and when I made it with that bag of brown rice, I ate the whole batch in one sitting. LOL :fp: The taters are tasty... I just don't like the combo, I guess.

I wanted to just grab a quick bite to eat, then lie down to read & nap.... Now I have to make fettuccine. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.