What would you do if you have a million dollars?

jillyan10

Newcomer
Reaction score
This seems impossible to happen to all of us, but if luck will favor you and you will have a million dollars on your hand, what will you personally do with it? I will personally be spending a part of that money going in a tour around the world. I have never been abroad so I like to see foreign countries as well.

If I had a million dollars, I'd buy a house in a location that I could see me and my little family living in as a permanent location...our dream house! I'd ensure that I put some away for my daughter's education, donate some to charity, and spend some on a nice family vacation. If I had any left out of those things I would put it in a savings account and use any interest as a little bit of spending money while keeping the principal amount intact!

With some of it I would start up my Kindness Loans idea. Interest free loans for people to clear their debts. So many people I know are just a few thousand in debt, mainly credit cards, and could manage without that monthly payment going out, especially as so little of the debt is actually paid off thanks to the high interest added. There would have to be budgeting advice and a single payment only, so no going straight back into debt and then reapplying. Repayment would be optional, but I think most people are good and kind and responsible and would keep the fund from running out. With the rest we'd go and live in the sun to soothe our aches and pains.

Reactions: teacup
Personally, I think a million is enough to retire on, but only because I don't have to support any kids or anything, and because I don't have expensive tastes, and because I'm really, really good with money. Most people can't believe I live on the income I do.

After paying the taxes off, I'd invest it. I'd try to live as cheaply as possible in the meantime, and probably work at least another year so that I could live off my current income and let all the after-tax million do its work -- because then I can start living off the income from it, and still have some to spare to keep investing. And then later when it's worth more, I can relax and start doing more fun things, like traveling. Don't know if I'd buy a bigger house, but I might get a different one, but really, I just moved and hate to do it again. LOL.

I wouldn't, however, expect to be rich unless I invested really well. I'd hope, but wouldn't count on it. But I don't need to be rich, just more comfortable that I'm OK with money.

Reactions: teacup and Bluerice
I'd buy as much land as I could, put a little house on it and rescue as many animals as I could.

That's lovely. All us vegan millionaires could buy farms maybe and give the animals already on it, wonderful lives. When we win, that is.

Initiate by having a tiny house with a massive garden.
With this garden, I can pretty much grow a small piece of heaven...

With what remains, I shall invest wisely, and establish a consistent source of income that is worthwhile, and I'd use it to sustain what I got, spread morality where I can...

And most importantly...

Fight the industry that prolongs the suffering of animals by all means possible.

Aside from that, I don't need anything.