What would happen if an effective dieting medication was discovered?

I lost weight when I became vegan, I just didn't know what to eat I guess. It was unintentional, and a bit too much weight, but I got it back. :)

Anyway the reason I think nothing would change is that I don't think people really have that much self control and the people who are not currently overeating would not start just because there is no consequence, but because everyone is already following the path of least resistance, myself included.

Also it's more about what we eat that uses the resources, not necessarily how much of it, IMO.

yes, you might be right. I like that argument, but I think there would be some rise in the amount of food eaten. People might not have much self control, but most people do have a little bit.

What's wrong with health vegans?
He had never heard the term before, and figured the group would be a bunch of 50-year olds trying to regain their health, and talk about weight loss constantly.

My son lives the healthiest life of anyone I've ever met, tbh, so has no beef with anyone getting healthier. He exercises, gets sunshine, meditates, is crazy good at martial arts, sleeps 8 hours regularly, doesn't drink, smoke, take medicines or any drugs, and has been vegan (not a Doritos and coke vegan) for a decade.

He was looking for some other 20 year old vegans, he said. (I suspect of the female variety) and the term health vegan threw him for a loop. :)

I definitely think there would be an increase in food consumption, mostly unhealthy food.
Also a shortage of chocolate, as I would eat many pounds of it every day. :D

Sometimes people think if you go vegan, you're automatically going to be eating healthier.. which is not true at all. :I