What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chili... ate with vegan sour cream and made a southwest style guacamole on toast. Chili is made with meatless mince, red kidney beans, onion, red bell, minced garlic, finally minced roasted jalapenos, whole peeled tomatoes, zucchini, spinach, spices, nooch... added compulsory dashes of hot sauce of course...I have a problem... 😜

IMG-1036.jpg,

Chili... ate with vegan sour cream and made a southwest style guacamole on toast. Chili is made with meatless mince, red kidney beans, onion, red bell, minced garlic, finally minced roasted jalapenos, whole peeled tomatoes, zucchini, spinach, spices, nooch... added compulsory dashes of hot sauce of course...I have a problem... 😜

View attachment 1459,
It looks very spicy! :) Good that you have the sour cream and guac toast!

Scratch-made 100% Vegan Minestrone. Low-salt vegetable stock as base, Ditalini, new potatoes (yes indeed) zucchini, onions, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, nutritional yeast, carrots, a little soy sauce(!), a little catsup(!) 2 dozen fresh sliced grape tomatoes, lemon juice. Oh yeah, it was snappy.

Attachments

• ministrone.JPG
    ministrone.JPG
    316.9 KB · Views: 5
Do you mean just uncooked or some kind of raw food burger?

Since you asked I googled it and there are some interesting recipes out there for raw veggie burgers, not fried in oil.

They are a combo of a binder like hemp seeds and chia seeds with fresh veggies and nuts/seeds and then put into a dehydrator or low heat in an oven....

Not really my cup of tea, I don't think, I'd rather make black bean burgers with lots of veggies and spices and bake them.

Emma JC

The actual burger is uncooked. I just pan fried it in some oil.
Ah, I see! Just as long as it's fried at least a little bit. (I just can't imagine a raw, completely uncooked burger. Not that there's anything wrong with that, except it would surely give me nightmares :) )
Since you asked I googled it and there are some interesting recipes out there for raw veggie burgers, not fried in oil.
Noooo! :p

• Haha
Reactions: Emma JC
Ah, I see! Just as long as it's fried at least a little bit. (I just can't imagine a raw, completely uncooked burger. Not that there's anything wrong with that, except it would surely give me nightmares :) )

Noooo! :p

Nothing wrong with a plant based raw burger. However, I do like mine gently pan fried in oil. :D

Tonight I had a big baked potato, topped with sautéed mushrooms and spinach and a little bit of Better Than Sour Cream.

Reactions: Val and Emma JC
Nothing wrong with a plant based raw burger. However, I do like mine gently pan fried in oil. :D

Maybe not? However, just to be clear, Beyond Burger does say on the package to cook their patties to an internal temp of 165F, just like meat. I don't know if the patties could be contaminated with bacteria somewhere along their travels, or if the suggestion is just there to cover Beyond's butt, but it there, and I do cook mine thoroughly and use a thermometer. The interesting thing is they still stay kind of pink even at 165F.

A shredded cabbage, carrot and kale salad with bacun bits, pumpkin seeds, vinaigrette/yeast flakes.
Black bean & sweet potato, mole style chili.
Cinnamon flavoured apple crumble with soya cream.

Status
Not open for further replies.