What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
salade%2B2.png

https://www.veganfood.life/2019/01/how-to-preparing-moroccan-salad.html

Reactions: Emma JC
Last night I wanted to have whole wheat penne with spaghetti sauce and also wanted to include some kale. Kale is not my favourite to chew on and so I decided to put it in the Bullet and spun it up with some lemon juice and water then added it to the sauce. It turned the sauce a bit brown however the taste was great.

I also added 2 Gardein meatballs each and topped it with sauted green onions, garlic, zucchini, broccoli then sprinkled on nutritional yeast.

Emma JC

4 wasa crackers with hummus and guacamole. 4 prunes, 4 Brazil nuts and a glass of wine. I just realized a trend ...guess it’s a good thing it was just 1 glass of wine and not 4.

Dinner:

Nixtamalized Wholemeal spaghetti with tofu, broccoli, olives and sauce
Sauce: Tomato sauce, salt, pulverized sprouted barley, caramelized onion, garlic, Italian herbs,turmeric.

I didn't make quite enough so I had another slice of my sprouted barley bread. That did the trick.

Reactions: Emma JC
I actually ate this a week ago, for dinner... But it was so epic, I just have to brag about it. *krhm*
Kotzone.
Which is basically pizza base, filled with salad, tomatopaste, and usually chicken.. But I didn't get chicken, of course. :) Instead I got mashed spicy broad beans, tomato, champions and pineapple.
At first, it was too spicy for me, but I got used to it and pineapples balanced the taste. Yeah... I'm that weirdo, who likes pineapple on pizza.

I think broad beans are one of my leading favourites right now, when before it was black beans, and before that white beans. It's evolving. I'm Vegan 1.2.

Damn... Thinking about this made me hungry...

Last edited by a moderator:
Baked red potato with tofutti sour cream, garlic powder and chives, half of a large mixed lettuce salad with tomato and cucumber, slice of chao and Hawaiian toast with apple butter.

Wednesday night was bread pizza crust to which we added, facon (tempeh), pineapple, jalapeno, green olives, mushroom, green onions and some fake shredded cheese.
Thursday night made split pea soup, again, in the Instant Pot, with onion, celery, carrots, white potatoes. A side of pita bread.

Emma JC

Reactions: Nekodaiden
Dinner was a simple meal of cooked brown rice (previously soaked overnight then frozen), green peas, soy sauce, spring onion, red bell pepper, garlic powder and white pepper.

Then some home brewed beer and a movie. Enough of it so that breakfast is likely to be light.

I actually ate this a week ago, for dinner... But it was so epic, I just have to brag about it. *krhm*
Kotzone.
Which is basically pizza base, filled with salad, tomatopaste, and usually chicken.. But I didn't get chicken, of course. :) Instead I got mashed spicy broad beans, tomato, champions and pineapple.
At first, it was too spicy for me, but I got used to it and pineapples balanced the taste. Yeah... I'm that weirdo, who likes pineapple on pizza.

I think broad beans are one of my leading favourites right now, when before it was black beans, and before that white beans. It's evolving. I'm Vegan 1.2.

Damn... Thinking about this made me hungry...
Pineapple is awesome on vegan pizza :)

I had a more than fair serving for both breakfast and lunch, so not much for dinner:

Corn chips (homemade) that basically consisted of corn, crushed flax seed and water blended then slow cooked. That and some home brewed beer.

Reactions: LaDiDahDi
Dinner tonight was sweet potato and cinnamon flax "fries". Basically sweet potato cut into strips and slow cooked on a bed of crushed flax seed, water and cinnamon, and little bit of salt. They were quite good. Switch trans fat for a bit of omega -3 whoo yeah!

Also a little more sprouted barley/whole wheat flat bread.

Dinner was Asian-ish:

Singapore noodles (the white nearly nutrition-less kind but ok since I had plenty of whole grains today)
Water chestnuts
Asparagus hearts
Broccoli
Tempeh
Soy Sauce
Chili powder
White pepper
Garlic powder
A few drops of dark sesame seed oil

Had a vegan morning star burger with violife smoked provolone, sauteed onions, mushroom, veganaise, mustard, ketchup and lettuce.

Italian tonight:

Whole meal spaghetti with broccoli, radish and sauce

Sauce: Tomato paste, water, caramelized onion, olives, garlic, "Italian herb" spice blend, salt, and white pepper.

Something a little different for me tonight: Quinoa. I had it in a very simple, no frills dish with soaked pumpkin seeds and some broccoli and a little salt. Forgotten how much I like this cereal like substance - though I don't buy it often because it's multiple times the price of others like brown rice.

Anyway, that and some vegetable spring rolls with a homemade salsa.

Dinner was early, around 4pm, and was enough. Very similar to breakfast minus the tater tots. My pinto bean spread on whole meal wheat bread with some broccoli and a little salsa, and added pickles for a little extra tang. I'll probably be having this in some form over the next several days as I made a bit of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.