What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried those Gardein Beefless Tips last night with some Worcestershire sauce - they were ok. my wife didnt care for them but I would eat them again.

The Beefless Tips are pretty plain--I think they're better as part of a recipe (maybe some stroganoff?) instead of just by themselves. Have you tried Gardein's Sizzling Szechuan Beefless Strips? They're sooooo good! I add in a little bit of red pepper flakes to make them spicy.

Reactions: mavrick45
The Beefless Tips are pretty plain--I think they're better as part of a recipe (maybe some stroganoff?) instead of just by themselves. Have you tried Gardein's Sizzling Szechuan Beefless Strips? They're sooooo good! I add in a little bit of red pepper flakes to make them spicy.

I think you're right. I will try them again as part of a larger recipe because they were pretty plain indeed.

I steamed asparagus in my Instant Pot. could have gone another minute. stir fried some tofu in Trader Joe's teriyaki. nuked some leftover rice. Ten minutes. almost no prep. almost no cleanup. Life is good.

Instant Pot Cabbage Soup

I had a cabbage that I wanted to use up and so decided soup was a great way and I basically put in anything I had in the fridge and pantry. Onion, garlic, carrot, celery, broccoli stalks, cabbage, sweet corn, zucchini, jalapeno, can of diced tomatoes, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, veggie stock, italian seasoning, lentils and I added miso after the cooking was done in the Pot. The Pot was filled to the recommended limit and it took 18 minutes on high pressure.

It was/is delicious and a great way to eat veggies.

Emma JC

Reactions: Lou
Tofu, broccoli, mushroom stir fry over rice
2 glasses of wine. And now I'm going to binge watch The Marvelous Mrs Maisel S2

pics are good!!

Last night we made hummus and then had carrot and celery sticks, some broccoli, mushroom chopped in quarters, bell pepper slices, a few tortilla chips and one pita triangulated in eighths .

Emma JC

I made black bean, and yam tacos, served with guacamole and green salsa. I used romaine heart leaves, as the shells. I usually like them with mango salsa, but mangoes are over the top expensive right now. They were delicious, nonetheless.

Reactions: hopeful and Emma JC
oh man, last night's dinner was so good - Chick Pea Curry on Jasmine rice... spicy, hot, tasty and filling and the 'bestest' part is that there is enough leftover that we can have the rest tonight with pita bread so I don't have to cook!!! lol

Emma JC

Dinner today is super exciting. I got the big Field Roast Celebration Roast with gravy mix. I baked the roast with pieces of the giant turnip, colored carrots, a little red onion and two cloves of garlic tossed in oil, rosemary, salt and pepper.

I fixed the gravy but added nutritional yeast, soy sauce, solstice herbs and black pepper as well.

Then I boiled fresh cranberries in water and the juice of an orange with coconut sugar.

The mashed potatoes are instant but I made them with full fat coconut milk to make them rich and creamy.

Finally I boiled some frozen peas.

Super yummy and will have left overs for a couple days!

Reactions: hopeful and Emma JC
I had the Field Roast Celebration roast last year.
This year I had the Gardien Savory Turkey dinner. I thought it was very good. Maybe better than the Field Roast but I also thought it was pricey. But hey, special occasion. It comes with its own gravy and I baked a sweet potato and roasted some veggies.
totally stuffed now. which is part of the tradition too.
Had a glass of Cabernet and may have another in a bit.
And a bowl of some fancy pot (long valley legend ) that I got for an early Christmas gift.

Christmas dinner consisted of

Vegan pizza: (wholewheat, yeast, water) with a tomato base (tomato sauce, various herbs, salt), lentils, olives, red bell pepper and smokey tofu.

Lemon pepper Basmati brown rice, also with tofu and lentils

Garden salad

Beer

+ good times with good friends.

Reactions: Emma JC
Dinner was yesterday's leftovers just like most of lunch was.

Lemon pepper Basmati brown rice, with tofu, lentils with added pickle slices, more salt, more lemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.