What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night was pizza night - a small slab of bread pizza, presauced - sprinkle with garlic powder, a small amount of vegan mozzerella shreds, chopped mushrooms, red onion, 1/2 pack of smoked tempeh slices chopped aka facon, pineapple, green olives, chopped jalepenos and a bit more of the mozz shreds on top.

Friday seems to be turning into pizza night regularly.

Emma JC

Reactions: Veganite
@Emma JC

Last night was pizza night for me!

I had pizza crust topped with tomato sauce, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, and black olives.

Reactions: Emma JC
Tonight is curry night - potato, chick peas, onions, garlic, lots of spices, green beans, can of diced tomatoes - on rice.

Emma JC

Reactions: hopeful
I am about to have a bowl of volcano rice, black beans, avocado pieces, and tomato slices.

Typical dinner with the kid - I roast a bunch of veggies (mushrooms, zucc, bell peppers, [+ whatever else - tonight was cauliflower], tofu, onions, garlic, S&P, red pepper, a bunch of seasonings), I eat the veggies & maybe some rice or pasta & some avocado and the kid makes up a pizza with the veggies, sauce, & So Delicious or Follow Your Heart mozzarella (pizza crusts from Trader Joe's). :)

Can you give me the recipe?
There's really no recipe, per se --- The ingredients vary depending on what I have on hand, but tonight was

4-5 garlic cloves (I like a lot of garlic) - finely chopped
red onion (about 1/4 of a large one)
1 bag of sliced mushrooms (from Trader Joe's)
1 green zuccini
mini bell peppers - what I had left of a bag, about a couple handfuls
broccoli - about 1 c or so chopped
1/2 brick of extra firm tofu

All the veggies are chopped roughly (if they weren't already) and tossed into a large non-stick roasting pan with a sea salt and fresh ground pepper & several dashes of Costco's organic no salt seasoning, then mixed up and put into an oven at 385 F for about 25 minutes - stirring about halfway through. You could add oil if you want but I never do.

The rice (brown) was made by following these directions.
https://addapinch.com/instant-pot-brown-rice-recipe/
I find that just slightly over 2 c. water is sufficient. The last time I made it from these directions I forgot that and the rice ended up a tad too sticky for me. YMMV. Sometimes I'll add a bit of Organic Vegetable Better Than Bouillon, but not always.

I usually add some crushed red pepper just before eating, and I add the avocado slices then, too.

It's even better if you have some kind of sprouts or fresh greens/herbs to put on top but I don't happen to have that ATM; or, you could toast some corn tortillas for a garnish if you like.

:)

Reactions: hopeful and Lou
I found some nice vegetable potstickers in my grocery store so we had those with a homemade teriyaki dip and a side of low mein noodles and veggies (garlic, green onions, carrots, broccoli).

Emma JC

mmmm perogies - last night was a feast - I took the time to carmelize 3 large onions without oil and added some fresh jalapenos when they were almost done - boiled the perogies and then pan fried them (using jalapenos brine for moisture when they tried to stick) - added the onions and perogies to a casserole dish and sprinkled with a small amount of vegan cheddar shreds and put in oven to keep warm - steamed 4 chopped carrots - took some previously cooked instant pot beans from the freezer and reheated adding molasses and spices - made a cashew sauce to put on the perogies instead of the butter we used to use .... oh my, it was delicious

Emma JC

Reactions: hopeful
I used my new instant pot to make rice. and it came out pretty good but it seemed to take forever. I'll know better next time and plan accordingly. (i will also remember to time the whole thing)

Had a tofu, broccoli, mushroom stir fry. Maybe used a little bit too much stir-fry sauce. I will use less next time.

Reactions: Emma JC
Last night, I was at a dinner party. I had grilled vegetables (mushroom, asparagus, zucchini, yellow squash, and green bell pepper). When I got home, I was still hungry, so I had some almonds.

I had a potato crust pizza at this local vegan restaurant with my sister last night. We both thought it was one of the best pizzas we've ever had...and guess what? My sister isn't even a vegan. I would sure love to have their recipe. It's not even a regular menu item. It was their featured dinner special. Not cheap, but wow!

I tried those Gardein Beefless Tips last night with some Worcestershire sauce - they were ok. my wife didnt care for them but I would eat them again.

I had a potato crust pizza at this local vegan restaurant with my sister last night. We both thought it was one of the best pizzas we've ever had...and guess what? My sister isn't even a vegan. I would sure love to have their recipe. It's not even a regular menu item. It was their featured dinner special. Not cheap, but wow!

I googled - potato pizza crust recipe vegan - and found a few options for recipes, some with sweet potato and some with regular potato - it's a great idea and I am going to have to try it.

Emma JC

Status
Not open for further replies.