What did you eat for Dinner/Supper today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For today I have caprese pasta salad ( it's cherry tomato pasta dish with little mozzarella balls, fresh basil and white balsamic vinegar) and quinoa and greens on the stove while the cauliflower roasts. I always take to work homemade food in containers that I ordered at http://allinpackaging.co.uk/food-packaging/ 'coz there is no vegetarian cafe near my working place. I like cooking and I use only natural ingredient in all my dishes.

Reactions: R.L Hawk
White beans, mustard greens and brown rice in the slow cooker. Also just had two tacos made from gardein beefless ground.

I had a veggie hotdog on a sprouted grain roll, potato salad, dill pickles, and lemon water to drink.

Vegetable soup tonight with bread rolls. Last night was refried beans in tacos with salad and a vegan cheese. Breakfast was left over beans, mushrooms , tomatoes . Lunch was a salad.

Reactions: Grayveggie
Last night was one of our favourite meals - Burrito Bowls

rice, beans, chopped green onions, tomatoes, peppers, olives, spinach, parsley, steamed broccoli topped with a dressing made from hemp seeds, garlic, keenes mustard, dill, dash of cayenne, maple syrup, tahini, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and a bit of water to thin

Sorry, forgot to take a pic.

Emma JC

Reactions: Grayveggie
Tonight was pizza, topped with tomato, mushroom, onion, black olives, garlic, fresh basil, pineapple and a light sprinkle of a vegan cheddar style cheese. Got half of mine left, guess what's for lunch tomorrow.

Tonight was pizza, topped with tomato, mushroom, onion, black olives, garlic, fresh basil, pineapple and a light sprinkle of a vegan cheddar style cheese. Got half of mine left, guess what's for lunch tomorrow.

I had pizza too! I can't find any non-dairy cheese around here, so it was veggies, some seitan sausage I bought at Vegan Mania the other week, and peppers (sweet and green), mushrooms and pickles. I did eat the whole thing. :)

Tonight I'm planning on something very simple, maybe a plain jacket potato and a salad if push comes to shove, as I'm not feeling too well. These past weeks of being a new vegan have given me quite a few stomach upsets, but I've made sure not to hide from this fact but attempt to see if I'm overdoing one portion of the food pyramid or another!
All this said, I feel I'm slowly adjusting to the change, and these episodes are getting weaker all the time, and I feel my energy returning. :) I find I don't miss eggs or milk at all.

Well tonight we had a roast dinner with Tesco nut cutlets, steamed baby potatoes, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower, with lots of spicy Chilli gravy! Yum yum! Also check out Linda McCartney's sausage rolls and pies!

Tonight I'm planning on something very simple, maybe a plain jacket potato and a salad if push comes to shove, as I'm not feeling too well. These past weeks of being a new vegan have given me quite a few stomach upsets, but I've made sure not to hide from this fact but attempt to see if I'm overdoing one portion of the food pyramid or another!
All this said, I feel I'm slowly adjusting to the change, and these episodes are getting weaker all the time, and I feel my energy returning. :) I find I don't miss eggs or milk at all.

Good for you going Vegan. It's a bumpy ride at times. I find if I don't have what my body needs then I feel weak and run down. I make sure now that I bulk my food up with enough protein to give me strength for the next day since I live a very active lifestyle. My advice is to use beans when possible, or even some quinoa to bulk up curries etc. I do a curry which I bulk out with 2 tin's of chick peas, quinoa, buckwheat and potatoes! Served with brown rice and Roti! Trust me it keeps me going. I usually have a big *** bowl of raw kale to snack on during my meal.

Even if you feel lazy, make some baked beans with the jacket and add some extra kidney beans or chick peas. Start adding Kale into your salad! Also mushrooms are great! Yuk but great!!

Good for you going Vegan. It's a bumpy ride at times. I find if I don't have what my body needs then I feel weak and run down. I make sure now that I bulk my food up with enough protein to give me strength for the next day since I live a very active lifestyle. My advice is to use beans when possible, or even some quinoa to bulk up curries etc. I do a curry which I bulk out with 2 tin's of chick peas, quinoa, buckwheat and potatoes! Served with brown rice and Roti! Trust me it keeps me going. I usually have a big *** bowl of raw kale to snack on during my meal.

Even if you feel lazy, make some baked beans with the jacket and add some extra kidney beans or chick peas. Start adding Kale into your salad! Also mushrooms are great! Yuk but great!!
Great advice, you know I'd quite forgotten all about the existence of kale, lol. :D I suspect I might be reacting to too much wheat-based things, so am going to pass over them for a while in favour of rices (and jacket potatoes!)
I love quinoa, it's like the vegan/vegetarian holy grail of staples.

Great advice, you know I'd quite forgotten all about the existence of kale, lol. :D I suspect I might be reacting to too much wheat-based things, so am going to pass over them for a while in favour of rices (and jacket potatoes!)
I love quinoa, it's like the vegan/vegetarian holy grail of staples.

Yes good old Kale! Also make sure your getting enough Iron! Green vegetables are great for Iron! Also don't be scared to eat more! You need your calorie intake but try to avoid to much unhealthy things like chips and salty treats etc... I would also advise B12 since that will effect your energy levels. It's funny but most the processed Vegan meals you but in shops tend to be really high in sugar or salt etc, try and cook when possible! Pasta is great! Peace

Reactions: Christine

Jacket potato's are awesome! Have you tried using vegan butter on the potato? Most supermarkets should sell the stuff if you haven't, coconut and olive butter are my favourite. :D

I've been vegan awhile and I'm pretty terrible for making sure I eat a variety of food, not that I eat only jacket potato's 24/7. Anyway I wouldn't overthink the food pyramid, being vegan doesn't necessarily mean you have to strictly eat specific amounts of foods everyday in order to stay healthy/alive, don't get me wrong there's certain vitamins you should probably keep an eye on but I wouldn't fret over not eating mountains of greens everyday. I'd say I'm rather healthy, I feel it and I donate blood every other month so I think I'm in good enough shape to be able to do so. :blush:

If you do have any worries we're here!

Jacket potato's are awesome! Have you tried using vegan butter on the potato? Most supermarkets should sell the stuff if you haven't, coconut and olive butter are my favourite. :D

I've been vegan awhile and I'm pretty terrible for making sure I eat a variety of food, not that I eat only jacket potato's 24/7. Anyway I wouldn't overthink the food pyramid, being vegan doesn't necessarily mean you have to strictly eat specific amounts of foods everyday in order to stay healthy/alive, don't get me wrong there's certain vitamins you should probably keep an eye on but I wouldn't fret over not eating mountains of greens everyday. I'd say I'm rather healthy, I feel it and I donate blood every other month so I think I'm in good enough shape to be able to do so. :blush:

If you do have any worries we're here!
Thank you! It's nice to know these forums are here for any vegan-related mishap. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.