What Did You Cook or Bake today?

Bought the carb smart tortillas from Aldi because they're 17 g fiber and only 60 calories. I had some tofu leftover so made burritos with onion and pepper and mushrooms, with a smear of my mayo and black salt
 
Bought the carb smart tortillas from Aldi because they're 17 g fiber and only 60 calories. I had some tofu leftover so made burritos with onion and pepper and mushrooms, with a smear of my mayo and black salt
I just bought high fiber low carb tortillas...I need to try to break my sourdough addiction and see if I can't get back on track with eating better.
 
  • Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
I saw a Beer Bread video on youtube and decided to try it yesterday - it called for a regular size bottle of beer and 3 cups of flour, 1 tablespoon of baking powder, salt, and 3 tablespoons of maple syrup. My honey bought me the larger can of beer so I upped all the ingredients... the yeast comes from the beer and you don't let it rise. It came out well just very very dense - we had a couple of slices with jam for dessert last night and will try toasting it today for our peanut butter. I might cut back on the flour, a bit next time, and am going to buy fresh baking powder today as mine is pretty old.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
 
  • Like
Reactions: KLS52
I saw a Beer Bread video on youtube and decided to try it yesterday - it called for a regular size bottle of beer and 3 cups of flour, 1 tablespoon of baking powder, salt, and 3 tablespoons of maple syrup. My honey bought me the larger can of beer so I upped all the ingredients... the yeast comes from the beer and you don't let it rise. It came out well just very very dense - we had a couple of slices with jam for dessert last night and will try toasting it today for our peanut butter. I might cut back on the flour, a bit next time, and am going to buy fresh baking powder today as mine is pretty old.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
I've tried that a couple times and didn't' care for it-once with a stout and again with a hard cider
You did remind me I wanted a can of beer for seitan brats. I was just at the store :confused:

I'm making rolls using the tangzhong method of cooking some flour with water before adding to the rest of ingredients. It calls for milk, so I used water, and Country Crock plant butter
 
  • Like
Reactions: KLS52