What Did You Cook or Bake today?

finally found rhubarb! :woo:
I made a strawberry rhubarb pie, my favorite thing in the world, and ate half of it o_O:yum:party:
Whats so bad about eating half of something right off is feeling obligated to not eat any more, as if you had your share. I feel that, as my son loves this too, but I also feel deserving of more
I guess I'm going to go buy some more--it's around such a short time!
I tried to grow it, and was not successful. As a kid it grew wild in the abandoned lots!

finally found rhubarb! :woo:
I made a strawberry rhubarb pie, my favorite thing in the world, and ate half of it o_O:yum:party:
Whats so bad about eating half of something right off is feeling obligated to not eat any more, as if you had your share. I feel that, as my son loves this too, but I also feel deserving of more
I guess I'm going to go buy some more--it's around such a short time!
I tried to grow it, and was not successful. As a kid it grew wild in the abandoned lots!
Lucky for you I don’t live next door because the other half would be gone too. Lol. 😁

We used to have rhubarb all the time up in Iowa but it is scarce here in Florida. My former MIL grew it in her garden and made amazing rhubarb desserts! I miss that.

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
I lived out in the country as a child near a tiny town called Lake Park up in the NW corner of the state. Then I went to college in Cedar Falls and lived there for many years before moving to Florida.

I have heard of the latter, however the tiny town doesn't ring a bell. I suppose that foreigners (like my-self) don't visit the fly over states.

My grandmother used to grow rhubarb. I loved it as a kid.

I love rhubarb and used to eat it very often during the Summer months in the UK. Sadly, over here it's very rare to see it in grocery stores as it doesn't grow locally and most people have never even tasted it.
I also like it just lightly stewed and served with yogurt and soya cream.

• Love
Reactions: Brian W and KLS52
Well, I wanted to see how rhubarb would be just simmered and sweetened with date paste. I had a jar in the freeze and it got knocked to the floor and broke :brood:. At least it stayed intact as it was frozen!

I just made some tempeh with a smokey marinade. Had a sandwich on pumpernickel, veganaise, lettuce -- and a sprinkle of kala namak!

A Mediterranean style tpb & vegetable stew made in my instant pot. I had half a bottle of organic passata so decided to make a vegetable, ww organic orechiette stew with red roast peppers, minced tpv, mushrooms (including shitake) passata, courgettes, Greek black olives plus various herbs and spices.

I have a list of things to make today, starting with rhubarb jam! I'm going to wing it, using some grated apple and lemon for the pectin.
I bought fresh veggies and will make a stir fry with some soy curls I have left. I'm afraid they might all be smallish pieces, maybe end up doing a shepards pie kinda thing.
The produce market had fresh garlic scapes. I'm sorry I didn't get one.They were $1.99, a bulb of fresh garlic with the greens that looked like leeks

Reactions: Emma JC