What Did You Cook or Bake today?

I'm going to make filling for veggie pot pie and freeze it for future use because I have leftovers to get through first. I also will make a seitan loaf. I plan on using some for crumbles as I'm craving tacos for some reason. :D

Right now I'm making cauliflower ditali. It has capers, tomatoes, and saffron infused veggie broth as well as cauliflower (of course). Then it has toasted bread crumbs to serve. I hope it tastes good.

Reactions: PTree15
I'm having a couple of friends over for dinner tonight. I am going to make pesto pasta with sun-dried tomatoes and garlic bread. I'm baking cupcakes for dessert: chocolate peanut butter ones.

Reactions: Katrina and Val
I've never heard of this recipe, Katrina. I absolutely love cauliflower in any kind of dish.
It's from "The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen" cookbook. I find the recipes are hit and miss. The recipes I do like end up being favourites.

Actually, that recipe traditionally uses green cauliflower that is common in Sicily, and it's supposed to have a stronger flavor. I just used the regular white cauliflower. I wonder if it might taste better with the green one.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I'm having a couple of friends over for dinner tonight. I am going to make pesto pasta with sun-dried tomatoes and garlic bread. I'm baking cupcakes for dessert: chocolate peanut butter ones.
What time should I be there? :D

I know it’s already been two years since I first said I wanted to meet up with you but I’m still trying to work it out, lol...the issue being that I won’t drive many places by myself. But you are only 49 minutes from my daughter’s new house...we’re getting closer! :lol: :)

What time should I be there? :D

I know it’s already been two years since I first said I wanted to meet up with you but I’m still trying to work it out, lol...the issue being that I won’t drive many places by myself. But you are only 49 minutes from my daughter’s new house...we’re getting closer! :lol: :)
Yes! We must make this happen!

I just made orechhiete (sp?) with rapini. The rapini was blanched then chopped up and added to a pan with olive oil and garlic. Then the cooked pasta was added. Yum!

My cupboard is full of pasta right now. I'm just in the mood for it!

Eeeh...:???: The remaining half of my savoy cabbage head was sitting in the bowl of water on the balcony. It was ok for a long time, but today it has got frozen! I can't eat it raw now, so i'll have to make "mesivo" of it (and add green beans, red beans, cayenne salsa, yeast and sumac.:p)

Reactions: Mischief
I made a thing with the uncooked mushroom seitan, onions and mushrooms with rice and gravy.

Now I'm making PB cookies at my sons request. I said I'd use eggs, which my other son uses, and I was - but then changed my mind and went with flax-egg. I still remember how gross it was the last time I cracked an egg :yuck:

I made a thing with the uncooked mushroom seitan, onions and mushrooms with rice and gravy.

Now I'm making PB cookies at my sons request. I said I'd use eggs, which my other son uses, and I was - but then changed my mind and went with flax-egg. I still remember how gross it was the last time I cracked an egg :yuck:
Yeah, cracking eggs is bleh...:hurl: And then their odour...:fp::tinfoilhat: