What Are Your Favorite Picnic Foods?

Amy, my mom does the same type of coleslaw because I always hated mayo as a kid. It's delicious, isn't it? Dang, now I want some of that. :D

Reactions: Amy SF
Really? I'll have to tell my mom that. She'd say "Two minds but of a single thought." :D
Lol, indeed. My mom is a wonderful cook and she was and still is always looking for inventive ways to make things and to get us to eat veggies (not that she had to try that hard with me, haha). She used her homemade Italian dressing instead of mayo and put in some red pepper flakes, as I always have liked spicy foods. Her dressing is the best.

Reactions: KLS52
Be sure to hold onto your pickanic basket.

images

Oooo good ideas here. My wedding is going to be a casual picnic for about 20 people. It's going to be a salad/sandwich bar with plenty of fresh herbs, dolmas (I think), pink lemonade and lemon poppyseed cupcakes. Maybe popsicles, too.

This sounds fun!You could also do a vegan grilled cheese bar with little shot glasses of tomato soup and celery.Good luck with your wedding !

I like apple pie or any kind of fruit pie with picnics.It just seems like an easy summer dessert.

This sounds fun!You could also do a vegan grilled cheese bar with little shot glasses of tomato soup and celery.Good luck with your wedding !

I like apple pie or any kind of fruit pie with picnics.It just seems like an easy summer dessert.

I love fruit pies, especially berry ones ; cherries, blueberries or brambles.

The other day I ate left-over takeaway for a picnic. :drool:

Otherwise, homemade hummus/salsa/other dips and tortillas are good, potato salad, pasta salad, cous cous salad, homemade bread and falafal are things I regularly bring. If it's a bit chilly hot soup is always good. If its hot you can't beat cider.

Sometimes friends bring homemade chilli and curry and a load of wraps to eat it in, which is delicious too.

Plus lots of cake. If there is no homemade vegan cake, your picnic is surely a failure. :D

Reactions: thefadedone
Mm! I was thinking about a cold soup, but then I have to worry about something to serve it in, so it's too much of a bother for me. Simple and cheap is more important than anything to us.

Going to do these, though!

tumblr_mo6stiKmgg1qb0zhro1_500.jpg

Pretty much everything is going to be raw, but it sucks because it turns out my fiance's oral allergies make it impossible for him to really eat raw food. I'm thinking about doing a sunflower seed cheese, but it's really hard to find contaminant-free raw sunflower seeds.

Reactions: ledboots
I just saw those on Tumblr...they look nommy!

Otherwise, homemade hummus/salsa/other dips and tortillas are good, potato salad, pasta salad, cous cous salad, homemade bread and falafal are things I regularly bring. If it's a bit chilly hot soup is always good.
Summerrain. Those things would definately be in my next picnic!

Reactions: SummerRain