So I'm having this party…help!

Poppy

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
DH and I are going to host a fundraising event for Richmond Animal League here at the house on 4/19. We will probably have between 50 and 75 people. The theme is called "Dinky Dog Diner!" and I plan to serve diner style foods (all vegan!): Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches, Reubens, Chicken salad and "Egg" salad mini-sandwiches, and meatball subs. I'm buying potato salad, and making hummus and nachos for finger foods. I'd love to have some more ideas (and recipes!) for additional sides and snacks. Does anyone have a great recipe for a vegan spinach dip?

Thanks for your help!

Reactions: Second Summer
Sausage rolls (I think they're called pigs in blankets in America? Sausages in pastry). Although maybe they aren't diner style.

Come to think of it, I'm not really sure what is diner style, apart from burgers, fries, and milkshakes :p

And coffee maybe. Coffee cake for dessert?

Yeah, burgers, fries and milkshakes are definitely diner style. But I don't want to have to grill, so no burgers! The milkshake idea is interesting, but I don't think I would be able to store that much ice-cream. Desserts will probably be brownies and locally made vegan pies.

My recipe for dip is pretty basic.. Silken tofu, fresh spinach, onion, a littttttlle bit of garlic or garlic powder, a pinch of salt and pepper, and onion powder.

Reactions: Poppy
Instead of milkshake, you could make horchata? It doesn't need icecream for it. I don't have any recepies for it, as I saw it on MasterChef Junior. :p

My recipe for dip is pretty basic.. Silken tofu, fresh spinach, onion, a littttttlle bit of garlic or garlic powder, a pinch of salt and pepper, and onion powder.

Do you just whizz that up in a blender?

How about some of the rolled up, pinwheel type sandwiches? I guess they aren't really diner food though. Chili is a diner food isn't it?

Yes, I've thought about chili. But I think I have enough "main " foods, and I don't really want to keep up with all the sides that go with chili - sour cream, green onions, cheese, hot sauce, etc. I think I might set out a giant bowl of baby lettuces, cherry tomatoes and sliced cucumber and make a vegan ranch dressing to have on the side.

I love the idea of bean salad and will add it!

And I like that macaroni salad recipe too - thanks!

Reactions: ledboots