What are you listening to right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly recommand this piece. It is historical. I listened to it in concert and was very impressed. There are 35 percussion instruments and two sirens. How many can you identify? It sounds so cool!
You can find the instrumentation here:
Thanks for posting it!😏👍 You have reminded me my younger years: we studied some of his works at the Conservatoire. I also heard some at a concert in our city's "Small Philharmonic hall".🎶

Reactions: Gaspard
Thanks for posting it!😏👍 You have reminded me my younger years: we studied some of his works at the Conservatoire. I also heard some at a concert in our city's "Small Philharmonic hall".🎶
I discovered it at he Conservatoire. It was an amazing concert.

Reactions: Val

Discovered this on another forum. I have never seen Devin perform this sort of stuff... amazing how his voice gels with Che's.... it's sort of like spooky country.... love it!

Discovered this on another forum. I have never seen Devin perform this sort of stuff... amazing how his voice gels with Che's.... it's sort of like spooky country.... love it!
I loved it either.:up: Thanks!:flower:
Quite an interesting fusion of styles: ambient, lounge, country, ethno-folk, etc...

Reactions: Snert
I know, but it's catchy, too. :D I love the cadence and the melodies a lot. :D
I'm sorry, it's none of my business, but i noticed that you use this "grim" smiley all the time. Is that what you feel, or are the smileys being displayed in a wrong way on your device? I'm just saying that i felt that a couple of times you used this one (😬) instead of this one (😁). Perhaps i'm mistaken. I was just curious, because on different device all smileys are displayed differently. It reminded the situation when some of VVers started asking me: "Why do you use the "rolled eyes" smiley all the time (🙄)??" And it looked differently "in old times", and it seemed to me that it was just a "romantic" expression on a face, raising its eyes to the skies. [Super weird, i know]. And i couldn't understand, why other people use it in opposite situations, haha.
Don't get me wrong: it's just that i'm also struggling with the language barrier (sometimes😁), and sometimes it seems to me that i misunderstand things because of the language barrier and because i'm a lazy student (i don't spend too much time on studying English, though once in a while, i forget russian words for one object or another, and say English words at first, so that people stare at me in awe and make themselves distanced from me, bwahahahaha🤣).
Ok, sorry for my bullsh**. I'm suddenly(!) in a mood of demagoguery, lol.:sheep:

I'm sorry, it's none of my business, but i noticed that you use this "grim" smiley all the time. Is that what you feel, or are the smileys being displayed in a wrong way on your device? I'm just saying that i felt that a couple of times you used this one (😬) instead of this one (😁). Perhaps i'm mistaken. I was just curious, because on different device all smileys are displayed differently. It reminded the situation when some of VVers started asking me: "Why do you use the "rolled eyes" smiley all the time (🙄)??" And it looked differently "in old times", and it seemed to me that it was just a "romantic" expression on a face, raising its eyes to the skies. [Super weird, i know]. And i couldn't understand, why other people use it in opposite situations, haha.
Don't get me wrong: it's just that i'm also struggling with the language barrier (sometimes😁), and sometimes it seems to me that i misunderstand things because of the language barrier and because i'm a lazy student (i don't spend too much time on studying English, though once in a while, i forget russian words for one object or another, and say English words at first, so that people stare at me in awe and make themselves distanced from me, bwahahahaha🤣).
Ok, sorry for my bullsh**. I'm suddenly(!) in a mood of demagoguery, lol.:sheep:
LOL, I have noticed that the smiley I used to type in manually ( : D) comes out weird with that weird one. I have been lazy about finding the proper one, hehe

Last edited:
I think the one with shades is parenthesis capital B

B)

no that isn't it.

b)

nope not that one either

I think the one with shades is parenthesis capital B

B)

no that isn't it.

b)

nope not that one either
I think some have changed over the years as well, and they show up differently in different places. Let's see if this old method works: :cheesygrin:

Nope! 🙃

I think some have changed over the years as well, and they show up differently in different places. Let's see if this old method works: :cheesygrin:

Nope! 🙃
What is up with all the smileys anyway? What's with the upside down face? and why aren't there MORE rolleyes 🙄

What is up with all the smileys anyway? What's with the upside down face? and why aren't there MORE rolleyes 🙄
I found the upside-down one suggested when I typed :-D, along with a fleur-de-lis, and up-and-down arrow and non-potable water. I have no idea why the others would come up.

I'm listening to NPR, which is talking about the New Hampshire primary. It's a big deal in these parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.