What are you listening to right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, excuse me my curiousity, but i notice it for the second time (when you're saying that you're car people). What do you mean?😏

I was brought up with a dad who was a mechanic in WWII and then when he came back he worked his way up from a mechanic to the General Manager of a dealership with stops along the way as Service Manager, Used Car Manager, etc. I also have much older siblings, the two oldest being guys that are car crazy. They love (still) collecting old car models, discussing cars, reminiscing about cars. Things in my family are dated by what car who was driving.... The love of cars skipped the next 3 siblings and landed on me as I was 'daddy's little girl' and so anything he did then I loved too. I received my license the day I turned 16 and my first car was a 1965 Acadian, three on the tree. When I was mid twenties I too went into the car business and stayed for just a couple of years. My spouse has also loved cars his whole life and knows all the cars from the sixties and seventies etc.

We have probably both spent more money on vehicles than on anything else in our lives.... crazy.... I admit.

I met my spouse online, 20 years ago (Feb 20) and one of the lines in my "ad" was "you have to have more tools than I do".... lol. He does.

Hope that helps to explain it. There are people who view cars as a mode of transportation and there are others who identify themselves by their car and love the history etc.

Emma JC

I love these guys. The Indian slant on rock really works, and they seem to have plenty of fun! :cool:

Reactions: Val
I was brought up with a dad who was a mechanic in WWII and then when he came back he worked his way up from a mechanic to the General Manager of a dealership with stops along the way as Service Manager, Used Car Manager, etc. I also have much older siblings, the two oldest being guys that are car crazy. They love (still) collecting old car models, discussing cars, reminiscing about cars. Things in my family are dated by what car who was driving.... The love of cars skipped the next 3 siblings and landed on me as I was 'daddy's little girl' and so anything he did then I loved too. I received my license the day I turned 16 and my first car was a 1965 Acadian, three on the tree. When I was mid twenties I too went into the car business and stayed for just a couple of years. My spouse has also loved cars his whole life and knows all the cars from the sixties and seventies etc.

We have probably both spent more money on vehicles than on anything else in our lives.... crazy.... I admit.

I met my spouse online, 20 years ago (Feb 20) and one of the lines in my "ad" was "you have to have more tools than I do".... lol. He does.

Hope that helps to explain it. There are people who view cars as a mode of transportation and there are others who identify themselves by their car and love the history etc.

Emma JC
Woooooow! What an exciting story!🚘:rose: 💓 Thanks!:hug:

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
First some Vern Gosdin ("Month Of Sundays", "That Just About Does It"), then some Def Leppard ("Hysteria", "Love Bites"). Now I'm in the mood for the last movement of "Scheherezade" by Rimsky-Korsikov)... I LOVE rock, modern country, and pop, but you just can't beat classical.

On second thought... I'm listening to Brahms' 4th symphony after Def Leppard.

• Friendly
I was brought up with a dad who was a mechanic in WWII and then when he came back he worked his way up from a mechanic to the General Manager of a dealership with stops along the way as Service Manager, Used Car Manager, etc. I also have much older siblings, the two oldest being guys that are car crazy. They love (still) collecting old car models, discussing cars, reminiscing about cars....

Emma JC
It's not something I share, but it's not crazy at all. I didn't learn to drive until I was 27, and the only car I ever owned was a 1963 Dodge Dart I bought from a neighbor and friend. (I understand that this is the model one of the "Car Talk" guys on Public Radio like...)

Reactions: Emma JC and Val
First some Vern Gosdin ("Month Of Sundays", "That Just About Does It"), then some Def Leppard ("Hysteria", "Love Bites"). Now I'm in the mood for the last movement of "Scheherezade" by Rimsky-Korsikov)... I LOVE rock, modern country, and pop, but you just can't beat classical.

On second thought... I'm listening to Brahms' 4th symphony after Def Leppard.
I wonder, how do you feel about this one (Poco allegretto)?👇...It may seem like there's nothing special in this music, but for some reason, it "cuts your heart like a sharp blade cuts an open wound". :sigh: :iiam:
Blin, memories... memories...

It's not something I share, but it's not crazy at all. I didn't learn to drive until I was 27, and the only car I ever owned was a 1963 Dodge Dart I bought from a neighbor and friend. (I understand that this is the model one of the "Car Talk" guys on Public Radio like...)

yes Dodge Dart, an old one, is one that my honey would like to have.... he prefers a 1969 or 70.

Emma JC

yes Dodge Dart, an old one, is one that my honey would like to have.... he prefers a 1969 or 70.

Emma JC
My sister had a blue Dodge Dart. I don't know what year it was, but it was a great car.

Oh, and I'm listening to On Point on NPR.

Reactions: Val and Emma JC
"Mongkol is a 61-year-old former logging elephant. His captive-held life was spent hauling trees in the Thai forest. His body shape is deformed through hard labor, he lost his right eye and tusk in this brutal logging practice. Mongkol was rescued and brought to Elephants World to spend the rest of his days relaxing peacefully in freedom by the River Kwai. I discovered Mongkol is an extremely gentle, sensitive elephant who enjoys music, especially this slow movement by Beethoven which I play to him occasionally in the day and night."

Status
Not open for further replies.