Music What are you listening to now?

Saw those guys live in Carnegie Hall in 71. Second best concert of my whole life. Took the train in from Long Island while my parents were gone somewhere. I wasn't old enough to drive. So much fun!

and no the first isn't a Dead Show, but Paul McCartney at the Memorial Stadium at Cal in 1990

• Love
Reactions: Veganite
@Lou
I would have loved to have seen them when Duane was alive. I've seen a lot of great concerts over the years, but I do have some regrets when it comes to concert going. I turned down a few opportunities to see some really big shows because they were just too expensive back in the day. In retrospect they were once in a lifetime events. The money now seems like peanuts. *sighs*

Here's a song from long ago your don't hear every day.

@Lou
I do have some regrets when it comes to concert going.
I think the only regret I have is that I had Tickets for Friday, Saturday and Sunday to the the Dead at shoreline. My buddy and I had become compulsive about seeing dead shows. We knew there would come a time when we couldn't see any more.
the Saturday nite show was fantastic. So full of energy. and there were humming monks! we decided that there would be grateful dead shows till the universe froze over.
on Saturday before we left the parking lot, my buddy suggested we sell the Sunday night tickets.. We both had to go to work on Monday. Although Sunday night shows always started earlier and ended earlier.
It was really hard to sell the tickets. Scalpers had been working OT. I think I got a beer and a burrito for mine. My buddy only got a cookie and a kiss from a girl looking for a miracle. Anyway, Jerry died that summer. Sunday was the last time Jerry played at shoreline. :(
Here's a song from long ago your don't hear every day.

I love this song

Reactions: Veganite
Lifelover

And Caladan Brood

Still we ride, fight, and die
Wayward path far beyond the pale
We are lost, marching on
Heavy hearts longing for those lands we once called home​

Last edited by a moderator:

Satyricon with the Norwegian National Opera Chorus

And..

this playlist will make you feel like a 19th century villain

Oh, oh! I know that song. never knew who sang it.

In the 70s on weekends (late at night in the dorms) we would listen to the radio. who ever came up with name of the song AND the name of the band got a bong hit. I was never very good at it.

I wonder if nowadays kids play that game on their iPhones.

I miss watching you die. Amazing song.

Last edited by a moderator: