What are You Having For (Vegetarian) Lunch/Dinner/Snack? 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pasta with lentils

A green salad ( given by the neighbour) with blue cheese and evo dressing. Leftover courgette and soya mince stir fry.

Strawberries and coconut cream with fresh blueberries for dessert.

I found out that I had broccoli and sugar snap peas in the freezer, I have loads of rice from the food pantries we got from, so small stir fry tonight.

Reactions: ledboots
French fries with sriracha and ketchup.
I keep thinking of making french fries.I just read some where that the best way to make them is to fry them about 5 minutes and freeze them then take them out and refry until their crisp.Strange but I hear it workso_O That way they turn out like store bought french fries.

I just had pizza with bell peppers,mushrooms,onions,black olives and spinach.

I keep thinking of making french fries.I just read some where that the best way to make them is to fry them about 5 minutes and freeze them then take them out and refry until their crisp.Strange but I hear it workso_O That way they turn out like store bought french fries.

I just had miso soup and pizza with bell peppers,mushrooms,onions,black olives and spinach.

This method does work it you have the time,patience and enough room in the freezer. If not any method where you cook them at least twice ( Heston's triple fried chips are to die for ) using a higher temp. for the 2nd match will do.:)

Corn on the cob with extra justice on top!

I also had fake dinner a while ago that consisted of lentils and brown rice fired with garlic, onions, ginger, curry powder, cinnamon, cayenne, chilis and carrots.

Reactions: ledboots
Corn on the cob with extra justice on top!

I also had fake dinner a while ago that consisted of lentils and brown rice fired with garlic, onions, ginger, curry powder, cinnamon, cayenne, chilis and carrots.

Fake dinner?
Why did you fire the rice and lentils? They were doing a good job!:p

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Reading this I really want lentil lasagne now...mmmm

With home made cheese sauce, vegan of course!

Lots of guacamole (as the local store had a special offer for 5 for €1.60,) with carrot sticks. Sauteed soya mince with lemon, garlic served with courgettes, flat green beans and hot chopotle sauce.

Strawberries, soya cream and stevia for dessert.

Lots of guacamole (as the local store had a special offer for 5 for €1.60,) with carrot sticks. Sauteed soya mince with lemon, garlic served with courgettes, flat green beans and hot chopotle sauce.

Strawberries, soya cream and stevia for dessert.

Are you watching Tennis too :p

I just had a stew with dumplings and roasted brussel sprouts.It kinda of took a while to make but was very worth it.I haven't had dumplings in a long time.:drool:

Reactions: thefadedone
I just had a stew with dumplings and roasted brussel sprouts.It kinda of took a while to make but was very worth it.I haven't had dumplings in a long time.:drool:

I so miss brussel sprouts. I haven't purchased any in several weeks now since the price is so high.

Tonight I'm making lentil and sweet potato stew or maybe sweet potato/lentil chili. Not sure which one yet. Or maybe I'll make a lentil/onion wrap with sweet potato fries. I have lentils cooked up and several sweet potatoes. Just have to make up my mind on what combo I'm in the mood for.

Status
Not open for further replies.