What are you craving?

I have a new (for me) strategy for nonvegan cravings. Have a treat. Anything you like that is vegan. Tesco supermarket in the UK has 2,400 vegan items. They publish a list every year, so does Aldi and several other supermarkets. There must be 10,000 vegan treats in most towns in the UK and that's without mentioning the cafes, restaurants etc.
But in fact there are many more things. Think of all the things you could do - go for a walk, swim, phone a friend, have a game of chess online or with a non-virtual friend, read a book or magazine, watch a film, book a vegan treat in a local cafe or restaurant etc.
I have found in the last couple of weeks that I suffer from cravings less and less as time goes by. I now prefer soy milk to cow milk and soy yoghurt tastes much better than abnormal yoghurt. So over time I feel sure that all the cravings will completely disappear. It's like giving up smoking, at first it's very hard but after a while you find the smell of cigarettes totally abhorrent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Second Summer
I’m dying for Japanese food. When I lived in Santa Monica, I ate it all the time, but since my accident on May 6, I’ve had it exactly twice, both times when I was rehabbing at a nursing facility. I haven’t had it at all since moving to Agoura Hills in July. I’m really craving veggie sushi, sticky rice and tempura, not to mention the fresh ginger.

Give me an apple pie or slice of cheesecake anyday !:p
This gets better and better. Now I am lusting after apple pie and cheesecake too! In fact I can make an apple pie but cheesecake could prove more problematic while I am in Spain. Cheesecake (baked the German way) was one of my favourites as a vegetarian, so I will need to find a really good vegan alternative to satisfy me.

This gets better and better. Now I am lusting after apple pie and cheesecake too! In fact I can make an apple pie but cheesecake could prove more problematic while I am in Spain. Cheesecake (baked the German way) was one of my favourites as a vegetarian, so I will need to find a really good vegan alternative to satisfy me.

I've never tasted a vegan cheesecake that tastes as good as a New York style one.

I've never tasted a vegan cheesecake that tastes as good as a New York style one.
Nah the baked German one is miles better but both are very good...and forbidden. But I'm being positive and focusing on apple pie, scones, chocolate cake and ice cream, strawberries in chocolate sauce and Madiera cake soaked in amaretto with orange segments on top!

tomato bisque soup.
can't seem to find amy's vegan version anymore.

Reactions: Val
tomato bisque soup.
can't seem to find amy's vegan version anymore.
Have you tried any of these?

12_Product_Tomato_32oz.png
22_Product_LS_Tomato_32oz.png
11_Product_TomatoBasil_32oz.png
Home

Ooooh, I wanna make this.... :drool:

upload_2018-1-13_17-22-37.jpeg Spinach Dip Crescent Roll Ring [Vegan]

Also, I want potato skins. I LOVE potato skins!! Cripes, those things used to be practically be a staple for me... but I haven't had 'em since I went veg... and that's way too long. LOL

I know I can get naked skins in the frozen food section... and I have vegan cheese, vegan sour cream, vegan ranch dressing.... I just need to decide on one more veggie to put on the taters other than just onion....

God, ya know, I think I wanna make those tonight... sounds way too good to me. :rolleyes:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ETA:

Chopped broccoli! I will make "cheesy" skins with onion & broccoli! :broccoli: OMG, I need to go to the store right now.... LMAO

Last edited: