Was for 6 months

To clarify things, this is my transitioning topic. Earlier threads were at an earlier date and thoughts at the time.

I'm 100% vegan now and know what it's about, I'm not new to it. I have a friends who own animal sanctuary farms, friends in the ALA.

Read his profile. It says vegan.

what his profile says is history....he has made an updated statement clearly visible in his post here! his profile btw cannot be changed now i took at look at options so once someonce selects description it remains...he has clearly in THIS post stated...he is NOT going to be vegan ...in fact he was probably never vegan just "plant based" as only mentions DIET abstaining from eating animals...for six months additionally....of course that description is not in the options i do not think.

however...he has clearly stated...as the quote i gave in this post he made states...he is not vegan and has no intention of going vegan

if you read thinman post...he stated he is not going to be vegan...a flexitarian in fact ..

" a flexitarian diet and that's where me and me wife are at and plan to stay. "

ah a confusing post indeed...seems thinman added to a previous post instead of doing a new one...now it seems he is "vegan"

"
To clarify things, this is my transitioning topic. Earlier threads were at an earlier date and thoughts at the time.

I'm 100% vegan now and know what it's about, I'm not new to it. I have a friends who own animal sanctuary farms, friends in the ALA. "

so that is good news for the animals hey ! mind you...we are mid September...he was flexitarian until late August only days ago...so the pendulum is swinging still probably based on the to and froing ... and that is just about the diet food eating issues lol...anyway. Into "transition" mode again it seems

ps i have no idea what ALA means...let me guess...animal liberation association ? as i say no idea...pass on that one lol.

I was just pleased to think as i stated...well at least this person will not object to me feeding my dogs and cat vegan lol seeing how as they kill animals themselves so see them as things to use ! trying to see some positive in the negative of not being a vegan lol ! i mean a flexitarian non pet owner saves more farm animal lives than a so called vegan who feeds 3000 bred and killed bunny rabbits to their 1 pet cat over a lifetime is my view !

Granted but what point are you trying to make?

Perhaps it would be a good idea to direct any of your questions directly at thinman and not discuss his posts and remarks with another member.

I replied to the person who directed a comment to me is why ... thinman then seeing the exchanges clarified...the post was confusing and i just edited...thinman confirmed he has only decided days ago to transition to vegan after the days ago statement of remaining flexitarian intention and status. I shall leave off this post now actually unless a comment made directly to me...as it was by a David3 ...

Last edited:
ah a confusing post indeed...seems thinman added to a previous post instead of doing a new one...now it seems he is "vegan"

Perhaps it would be a good idea to direct any of your questions directly at thinman and not discuss his posts and remarks with another member.

I replied to the person who directed a comment to me is why ... thinman then seeing the exchanges clarified...the post was confusing and i just edited...thinman confirmed he has only decided days ago to transition to vegan after the days ago statement of remaining flexitarian intention and status. I shall leave off this post now actually unless a comment made directly to me...as it was ... as it was by a David3 ...

Last edited:
I've decided with being Omnivore since I have to tag myself with a title. I tried going Vegan but can't hack the vegan processed stuff I start to eat and hate. Healthy Normal is my motto, also back to dairy. So if I fancy bangers and mash or fish and chips, I'll have the real meal.

I've decided with being Omnivore since I have to tag myself with a title. I tried going Vegan but can't hack the vegan processed stuff I start to eat and hate. Healthy Normal is my motto, also back to dairy. So if I fancy bangers and mash or fish and chips, I'll have the real meal.
Seems like a big change of mind. Guess I can't judge because my whole lifetime was eating meat. The vegan processed foods are just a tool right now to destroy an occasional craving. To each their own.

Reactions: shyvas
I eat all the healthy vegan/vegetarian food and very moderate meat, fish dairy. It's not a craving, it's the way I view nutrition. I'm kind of Flexitarian really, actually now thinking of going back to soy milk. I did enjoy my Field Roast burger last night.

I think it's a predominantly plant base way with me and my wife. We don't have any meat in the house except eggs, cheese, milk and canned fish.

Last edited by a moderator:
being vegan is healthy?

I eat all the healthy vegan/vegetarian food.

Yesterday I had vegan potato pancakes, pear, chopped salad with chickpeas, homemade bread with cheddar and mayo (has olive oil in it), mouthfull of peanut butter and hot choc milk (the last of, choc soy milk tonight).
Today some bread with Field Roast burger, mayo. After hike a banana, pear and clementine, someone brought banana bread. Supper will be basmati rice with dal tadka, maybe some veg. I'll likely have peanut butter on toast with my soy hot choc milk.

Tomorrow will be at the gym at lunch is free from United Way, from a food truck, don't know what the choices are.

some friends are taking us out for lunch at Edgar & Joes, I'm having their veggie burger they make from scratch - chickpeas and veg, they also have a great California sandwich.

Reactions: KLS52
My problem with going vegan or vegetarian is I lift weights and start to lose strength. There is new info about DNA and nutrition and how we are different. I tried several times going vegan but it has mostly been about strength lose, yes I've studied vegan bodybuilders. A few years back my 50lb dumbbell bench press for 9 reps dissolved to painfully using 20lb DB. I notice today my strength lose from last week and I ate mostly vegan. Other lifters who tried vegan also had the same experience.

So it's not what I think but my experience.

My problem with going vegan or vegetarian is I lift weights and start to lose strength. There is new info about DNA and nutrition and how we are different. I tried several times going vegan but it has mostly been about strength lose, yes I've studied vegan bodybuilders. A few years back my 50lb dumbbell bench press for 9 reps dissolved to painfully using 20lb DB. I notice today my strength lose from last week and I ate mostly vegan. Other lifters who tried vegan also had the same experience.

So it's not what I think but my experience.
Please present your information about DNA and nutrition, with links to sources.

It's not my intention to give you a difficult time, but there are plenty of strong vegan athletes.

I posted what happens when I go vegan/vegetarian and strength loss is not only my case. Yesterday I failed to do 1 pull-up when previous I could always do 3 -5.

I mentioned DNA coz it could be why I have strength loss . . .

Talking to the PT at my gym and she seemed to think I wasn't getting enough protein. When I was working for a builder and went vegan I ate a lot, like every 2 hours, everything seemed fine and would workout on my days off. When I retired I obviously didn't eat like that and have done IF mainly coz of much Yoga. Maybe I'm not drinking enough water and need more protein.

So I will be eating more and much PB but no IF and breakfast will be my power Alpen combo that I've mentioned elsewhere on this board. I think my future is being PPB but not completely. Nothing is set in stone.

it’s not all that hard to get enough protein on a vegan diet. your body might have had to adjust first, or maybe you had to tweak your eating habits a smidge. men do need more protein but it’s not hard to get on a vegan diet. I had days where I did better at yoga than others, but my reaction isn’t going to be “oh it must be because I’m vegan”... I’d probably experience a similar thing if I’m vegan or non. I’d probably blame it on lack of sleep, I don’t sleep easy, never did. Always easier to sleep in the mornings and afternoons vs the night :/

Last edited:
Reactions: fakei
I'm still working on it, but back in the '90s I was influence by the Shaolin monks who ate a simple vegan diet. I was working at an auto parts shipping ware so was lifting heavy stock a lot, I went vegan but after 2 weeks it hurt to lift moderately heavy stock and then when I ate some meat I was back to my normal.

I was 100% strict vegan for 6 months, I did pay more attention to my diet this time and had no problem being a general labourer for a building company. I think I gave in and at social happening started with a small piece of cheese. My wife was having egg wraps after her hiking group coffee shop social then at a coffee hour at our apartment building they would have snacks but this time the group served sausage and scrabbled egg, my wife had the egg but the sausages broke my vegetarian way and I had the breakfast sausages.

Nowadays I'm leaning more and more toward vegan.

I'm still working on it, but back in the '90s I was influence by the Shaolin monks who ate a simple vegan diet. I was working at an auto parts shipping ware so was lifting heavy stock a lot, I went vegan but after 2 weeks it hurt to lift moderately heavy stock and then when I ate some meat I was back to my normal.

I was 100% strict vegan for 6 months, I did pay more attention to my diet this time and had no problem being a general labourer for a building company. I think I gave in and at social happening started with a small piece of cheese. My wife was having egg wraps after her hiking group coffee shop social then at a coffee hour at our apartment building they would have snacks but this time the group served sausage and scrabbled egg, my wife had the egg but the sausages broke my vegetarian way and I had the breakfast sausages.

Nowadays I'm leaning more and more toward vegan.
Did you consider going to a vegan nutritionist? It seems vegans have less creatine for instance. But probably an expert will have more ability identifying what you may be missing.

There's a great lecture on protein by Dr Milton Mills in YouTube BTW.

Last edited:
When I was 100% vegan I did take creatine, beta-alanine and turine, still do buy creatine. I have several books by vegan bodybuilders on nutrition and seem to go beyond. Maybe I could be short on some amino acids since many do use BCAA's.

When I was 100% vegan I did take creatine, beta-alanine and turine, still do buy creatine. I have several books by vegan bodybuilders on nutrition and seem to go beyond. Maybe I could be short on some amino acids since many do use BCAA's.
Haven't you found helpfull the advices of vegan body-builders in youtube?

Nothing I wasn't doing except BCAA's. maybe I'm just getting older or maybe need to up my carbs and protein.