Viana Veggie Gyros

sleepydvdr

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Today, I discovered a new product carried by my local health food store. The company is called Viana and the product is faux Gyro meat. To make my Gyros, I bought some flatbreads (like pita bread except slightly larger and softer) and some lettuce. I topped it off with some tahini sauce that I already had.

Taste wise, they were very good. They were well spiced, not too much and definitely not weak. Just about perfect. They are made of wheat protein and tofu and are vegan friendly. They had a meaty texture, but not so much as to fool anyone or too realistic to gross you out.

In short, I can wholeheartedly recommend this product. The package claims it has 3 servings, but for me, it made 2 generous Gyros. The product was priced around $5.50 and weighed in at 7.05 ounces.

I want to add that since this review, I have also tried their chicken nuggets and sausages. The sausages come 3 in a pack and were fairly good. They wouldn't fool a meat eater and they were not nearly as flavorful as the Gyros. The chicken nuggets were a bit greasy on the outside. They had a slightly funky smell and the taste was not all that pleasing. I could recommend the sausages, but not the chicken nuggets.

I had the Gyros for dinner again last night and they are by far the best of the three products.