Vegetarian Directory - how it works and what should be allowed?

Second Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I've currently set up the Vegetarian Directory so that non-registered users can post, however all new listings go into a moderation queue before they get approved. The idea is that we can potentially get a lot more listings when we don't require registration of an account in order to post a new business / product.

All listings are displayed as threads that appear in the Business Directory & Reviews forum. (If you prefer, I can hide that forum or maybe remove it from "What's New".)

The Directory add-on is really designed for businesses, not products, but I have allowed products to be posted there anyway, and products were really what I wanted to use it for initially. However, the layout don't look quite right for products since they typically don't have an address, so the space for the Google map will just be empty etc. This is something I hope to fix.

The "review" feature still hasn't been developed, but basically the first post is the "listing" of a business or product, and then subsequent posts in the thread are the reviews. Whenever the lazy developer finds the time, he'll add a feature so that each reviewer can give a rating (a number), and then the business/product will get a score which is the average of all the ratings it has been given.

So we might get stuff listed that in the olden days would be considered spam. Is that something that bothers you?

Opinions?

(Btw, there is a completely new add-on in the works soon to be released that might work better for us ... We'll see in the coming weeks / months.)