Veganized Entenmann's Coffee Cake

Calliegirl

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I haven't made this yet, but it's definitely on the list. It looks so good, and easy to make. :lick:

Throwback Thursday! From Entenmann's to Amazing! - The Vegan Taste

This time I decided to remake something from my childhood – the Entenmann’s Coffee Cake. I don’t know if they still make the version I grew up with, which was a soft pastry topped with Jam and drizzled with frosting. It came in a blue and white box. We were on a limited budget, but mom would get us one for Sunday from time to time, and it was quickly gone. I checked with Jason and his mom also used to buy these, to serve with coffee or tea. I think a lot of us had these around the house...

Reactions: Dedalus
That looks great. I'm definitely going to try it, possibly with either blueberry or raspberry jam. Thanks for the link!

I made this today, and it is pretty tasty. It doesn't taste anything like coffeecake though, more like shortbread cookies. I used coconut oil in place of some of the margarine, amaretto liquor in place of almond extract and orange marmalade on top, so it has an interesting blend of flavors. Kind of like an orange marzipan flavored shortbread. :D

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52