Vegan/Vegetarian dating and finding a partner

It's interesting that women are more likely to tolerate a non-vegan partner. I think it has to do with the fact that we are brought up to be accommodating and to compromise.

There also seems to be a greater number of vegan women than men; it might seem like a more severe limit on dating options for women than men because of this.

Reactions: sequoia
My husband converted me!

Ok, ok, it's not really that simple. When we first started talking online, he told me he was vegan. I thought that was the coolest thing ever (I was omni and I DID know what vegan meant), since I had looked into becoming vegetarian years before that. I was scared to do it back then out of fear of what family and friends would say, but since I had just met a vegan online (that I was becoming fast friends with), I figured it was the right time to just do it.

So I did. He never once said to me that I should give up meat, but just knowing him made me decide to do it. If only everyone else was so easy to convert!

So, for him, finding a veg*n partner was pretty easy. It was even easier for me. :p

Not going to lie - I've found fellow vegans far too intense for me to date. OBVIOUSLY I know it's not true across the board, but yeah.

Edit: My previous partner and I went vegan together. He's still vegan. My current partner has a variety of severe food allergies, but is very open to vegan food (that he can eat without dying). I have no desire to convert anyone, as I strongly believe one has to make the connection for oneself. He's also a very compassionate man; I have the information and the skills, it's his path to follow.

Reactions: thefadedone
Plus it seems as if more women like to cook, so it wouldn't be as big a deal as if the omni was the one cooking most of the time.

Hmm, I didn't think about it before, but this is probably one big reason that I'm okay with my omni BF being omni. He hardly ever cooks anything and hardly ever buys groceries...I'm impressed he's kept himself alive to this point. I <3 that he eats all my vegan food with enthusiasm. :)

Hmm, I didn't think about it before, but this is probably one big reason that I'm okay with my omni BF being omni. He hardly ever cooks anything and hardly ever buys groceries...I'm impressed he's kept himself alive to this point. I <3 that he eats all my vegan food with enthusiasm. :)

Blinded by love ? :p
k10118751.jpg

Actually, lucky for me, he's dated a vegan before and knows all about it. :) And he doesn't like some meats either; texture issues. He's even said that he's glad I don't eat meat. :-D

Reactions: thefadedone
My brother loves to cook as did my ex. Omnis though. So i think a number of men do enjoy cooking.

My brother loves to cook as did my ex. Omnis though. So i think a number of men do enjoy cooking.
Oh yes, I agree! My brother is a great cook, and he's always done most of the cooking for his family. Omni, but he easily adapts things vegan for us.

I think maybe I feel there is an expectation though, for women to be able to cook, while for men it is kind of a useful societal bonus. Probably old fashioned of me to an extent. :p

I would love to date someone veg*n but the numbers are not on my side here.