Vegan/Vegetarian dating and finding a partner

Having a partner doesn't come in to my long term plans, though isn't incompatible (I'd like to teach English abroad get a PHD, see the world ect). I don't really long for a significant other... At least not right now...

I'd date a vegetarian, despite being vegan, but I've tried dating meat eaters and have had issues (with them, not me), I'd like to date somebody in to fitness and who is a feminist too... I think for me it's about respect too.

Being queer, I find I rarely fancy people as it is. I don't tend to know many vegans, but I have queer friends and lefty friends, many of who are veg*n.

I have pretty much given up on finding a compatible guy. Veg*nism is much more "cool" now then when I first made the switch, but not among my age group, especially around here. Of course I have family and friends who are omni but I have higher standards for a partner.

I have pretty much given up on finding a compatible guy. Veg*nism is much more "cool" now then when I first made the switch, but not among my age group, especially around here. Of course I have family and friends who are omni but I have higher standards for a partner.
Go younger, Wolfie! ;-)

So many men are immature as it is. I can't imagine dating one that much younger. :p

It is difficult to meet someone with the same values, my girlfriend is a meateater, but she have the values of a veggie, that is why I fell in love with her. And as sequoia mentions there are datingsites out there, and www.agreenlove.com is a datingsite made for veggies to find one another, so that may be something for you all to check out if you are looking for love. I will do that as well if my relationship ever fall apart. There are veggies from all over the world on that site so it is possible to find love and/or even friendship.

If it gives anyone hope ..

Even I found a partner using online dating. Not a vegetarian site either.

I did write a profile that was going to send anyone who was not, at the least, highly 'Veg-curious', running for the hills though.

Wasn't there a dating post on here a while ago? Where singles such as myself were able to post? I feel your pain, it's tough to find a good, vegan lad. I don't think I could kiss somebody who had just consumed the flesh of another species *gag.*

I think online dating sites can also provide a relatively easier way for us vegetarians/vegans to find partners. Greensingles and Veggiedate are some good niche dating sites built for only vegetarian or vegan singles.

Match has a large user base and you can filter results to find only singles who’re vegetarian. There’re quite a few other sites if a search is done online; however, be mindful of some important things before you decide to use any dating site. I found an article that elaborates on that here How to choose the best dating site.

Reactions: Andy_T
Hey, don't forget it's possible to move! Love is about making sacrifices, after all :)
Heh I might end up doing that soon. He’s not vegan though. I’d move from Illinois to Mississippi. He does make it easier on me because he’s supportive, willing to try out vegan foods, has enjoyed eating vegan.

Last edited:
I've never dated a fellow vegetarian or vegan. Just one guy who was veg-curious and experimenting with it.

Most of the vegan guys I meet are younger and we don't end up having much in common. Not that I would rule someone out based on age, but in can be a factor in just not having the right kind of connection.

Now that I have some time to reflect, I wonder if I should look for a vegan/vegetarian/mostly plant-centric guy. My past relationships with omnivores have been marked by differences in basic values. It tends to extend beyond what to eat for dinner - taking responsibility for your health regardless of what other people think, doing what you believe is right regardless of what other people think, educating yourself, thinking critically, prioritizing animal welfare, caring about politics, and much more.

I want to find someone who shares those values even if they're not fully vegetarian or vegan.

I've never dated a fellow vegetarian or vegan. Just one guy who was veg-curious and experimenting with it.

Most of the vegan guys I meet are younger and we don't end up having much in common. Not that I would rule someone out based on age, but in can be a factor in just not having the right kind of connection.

Now that I have some time to reflect, I wonder if I should look for a vegan/vegetarian/mostly plant-centric guy. My past relationships with omnivores have been marked by differences in basic values. It tends to extend beyond what to eat for dinner - taking responsibility for your health regardless of what other people think, doing what you believe is right regardless of what other people think, educating yourself, thinking critically, prioritizing animal welfare, caring about politics, and much more.

I want to find someone who shares those values even if they're not fully vegetarian or vegan.

Hi NYC Gardener,

The NYC Vegetarian / Vegan Meetup group regularly meets for dinners and other social activities (although, due to COVID-19, these are currently on hold): The New York City Vegetarian & Vegan Meetup (New York, NY) . Dozens of people show up to their social events.

Reactions: Lou
Thank you, David3! I actually just moved here in July, so I'm still learning about what's going on, and meeting new people! (Not that you could ever stop, in a city like this one.) I'll check out that group.

This is really becoming a problem with me now.

Oh look, a post from me in 2012!

I am very fortunate that I found my husband, who is now vegan. He wasn't when we met but had grown up vegetarian so was very open to vegetarian food & ate predominantly that way anyway. He still ate meat but gradually changed to a vegetarian diet & then vegan. We also have a vegan child.

If I can find someone, anyone can. :joy: there is hope.