Emma JC

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
In another thread we were discussing maple syrup and it is now that time of year, here in Canada. Sugar shacks are the places that maple syrup is made. The sap of the maple trees is boiled down to make syrup.

Many companies offer meals to go with the sugar shack tours and it is usually pancakes, baked beans, sausages, tortierre etc. Now some companies are offering vegan options and it is paying off ....

Vegan options growing at Quebec sugar shacks

Stephane Blais, The Canadian Press
Published Saturday, March 9, 2019 5:32PM EST

MONTREAL -- As the sugaring-off season begins, thousands of Quebecers will head to a cabane a sucre, or sugar shack, for a traditional heavy meal drenched in sweet syrup.

Only now, more and more sugar shacks are offering pork rinds without pork, maple baked beans without lard and other vegetarian and vegan options to meet the increasing demand for meatless meals.

rest of the article here...

Emma JC

Yea!

But what is pork rinds without the pork?

Why are Vegetarian Baked Beans more expensive than regular? It has less stuff in it. It should be cheaper. ;)

Yea!

Why are Vegetarian Baked Beans more expensive than regular? It has less stuff in it. It should be cheaper. ;)

I don't know what pork rinds without pork are although I did find a vegan pork rind snack on google.

Baked Beans, maybe more expensive because they are made in smaller batches?

Emma JC

Yea!

These are good questions!
I would like to know why when you leave off the cheese and animal flesh from pizza and sandwiches (like at Subway) we aren't given a discount. It makes the product cheaper, after all.
:confused:

Reactions: Emma JC
These are good questions!
I would like to know why when you leave off the cheese and animal flesh from pizza and sandwiches (like at Subway) we aren't given a discount. It makes the product cheaper, after all.
:confused:

and burritos.
this is my pet peeve.