Vegan Quotes

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Colleen Patrick Goudreau has a new book and some other stuff she is promoting and sent me a bunch of Joyful Quotes from her new book.

What is your favorite?
Or do you have a favorite from somewhere else?

Reactions: Emma JC
Out of the selections, I like this one: Imperfection is built into being vegan, because imperfection is built into being human.
I also like this one, which I read on a veggie fourm years ago (I don't remember who wrote it): Veganism is a journey, not a destination.

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
Out of the selections, I like this one: Imperfection is built into being vegan, because imperfection is built into being human.
I also like this one, which I read on a veggie fourm years ago (I don't remember who wrote it): Veganism is a journey, not a destination.

I liked that one a lot too. And a good reminder to many vegans who get upset with themselves when they accidentally eat something non-vegan.

I've also repeated the Veganism is a journey, not a destination. Not sure who it is credited to. Colleen also said something like that in one of her podcasts. I think she said something like compassion is the destination. veganism is the path. I've often thought about that one with the idea that compassion is the starting point. But then that begs the question, what is the destination?

Reactions: Emma JC
I liked that one a lot too. And a good reminder to many vegans who get upset with themselves when they accidentally eat something non-vegan.

I've also repeated the Veganism is a journey, not a destination. Not sure who it is credited to. Colleen also said something like that in one of her podcasts. I think she said something like compassion is the destination. veganism is the path. I've often thought about that one with the idea that compassion is the starting point. But then that begs the question, what is the destination?
I've never really thought about what the destination is other than doing the best you can to improve this earth while you're on it, and for me, one of those steps was going vegan. I also have realized there is no way to be a perfect vegan. Our existence alone has impact on the other lives around us, but taking steps to live as harm-free a life as possible is good start. I get exasperated with people who won't give something a try because they feel as if it's not attainable, like the whole vegan purity thing. So not making any changes because you can't be perfect at it makes no sense to me. I'd rather do something than nothing. To me, it's an excuse for people to maintain the status quo. Change can be daunting and challenging, but it also can be great.

Reactions: Lou
This one is my favourite. Emma JC

TVJ+Quote+Graphics20.jpg

Reactions: Lou and PTree15