Vegan Quorn is Coming to the UK?

I just tried the vegan Quorn pieces and I was underwhelmed. It says to cook them in a sauce, which I ignored as I wanted to see what they actually tasted like, so I just stir fried them in oil and had them in a burger roll. They would probably be fine in a stir fry or a curry with a sauce which is probably what I will do next time.

It has been about 15 years or more since I tasted Quorn but eating it made me notice that it does certainly have a particular taste. I think the Fry's vegan stuff is far superior.

There are some reviews here but it looks like the new vegan Quorn burger might be a lot nicer.

VEGANOO Vegan Reviews: Review: Quorn Vegan Hot & Spicy Burgers
VEGANOO Vegan Reviews: Review: Quorn Vegan Meat-Free Pieces

Last edited:
Oh, quorn does definitely need to be cooked in sauce (or fajita mix....it's good with that.) It's not that long since I stopped eating it really & once I fried it in oil like you did & thought it was disgusting too haha

Oh, quorn does definitely need to be cooked in sauce (or fajita mix....it's good with that.) It's not that long since I stopped eating it really & once I fried it in oil like you did & thought it was disgusting too haha

Yes, I was thinking after I posted that I ate Quorn about 10 years ago actually as I used to go round my friend's house and she would make Quorn fajitas with those Old El Paso kits you can buy. The Quorn pieces were nice when cooked with the fajita mix with onions and peppers and put into the soft tortilla wraps.:lick:

I got some :) Ocado had an offer on all Quorn products, 6 for £10... but obviously I only wanted the one Vegan Quorn product... so we bought 6 bags.

Thankfully, it's pretty good. How I remember the original chunks, really. I cooked it into a risotto, as if it was chicken. I also made some popcorn "chicken" type pieces with it. We'll probably keep it in stock in our freezer from now on :)

I got some :) Ocado had an offer on all Quorn products, 6 for £10... but obviously I only wanted the one Vegan Quorn product... so we bought 6 bags.

Thankfully, it's pretty good. How I remember the original chunks, really. I cooked it into a risotto, as if it was chicken. I also made some popcorn "chicken" type pieces with it. We'll probably keep it in stock in our freezer from now on :)

I absolutely love Quorn. Gardein and Quorn make the most delicious meat substitutes.

The fish fingers were dissapointing for me as they were nothing like actual fish fingers as I remember them. Even the breaded outside wasnt right. Hope you like them though, Moll!

The v bites fish style steaks are awesome & they've got the fish texture weirdly close. Taste good with lemon squeezed on. :) love them.

Hmm, I agree. I thought the fish fingers were just okay.

I am just happy that I can switch my omni husband to vegan Quorn products instead of vegetarian Quorn products as he likes some of the new stuff.:)

Reactions: hungryraccoon
I like the Quorn fish fingers. I can't remember what an actual fish finger tastes like though! I make a vegan tartare sauce for them, and we have them with chips from the local chippy when we're feeling lazy ;)

I like the breaded fillets, the nuggets and the hot and spicy burgers. The fishless fingers were okay and I will probably have them again. I wasn't very keen on the plain fillets or the plain pieces.

It's handy how widely available they are too as most supermarkets stock Quorn.:)

Vegan Products

I like the breaded fillets, the nuggets and the hot and spicy burgers. The fishless fingers were okay and I will probably have them again. I wasn't very keen on the plain fillets or the plain pieces.

It's handy how widely available they are too as most supermarkets stock Quorn.:)

Vegan Products

I have only ever tasted the fishless fillets from the Gardein range and didn't like them.

Vegan Products

The plain fillets are good if you cook them in a sauce (I put them in a casserole dish with a red wine sauce, cover, and slowly oven-cook them). On their own, they aren't great.

I haven't yet found a way to cook the plain pieces that I like :(

Vegan Products
Mmmmmmmm the hot and spicy Burgers. Haven't tried the nuggets or breaded fillets yet but looking forward to those!

I might get some of the Quorn sausage that I have seen at my local Waitrose. I generally do not like to buy things made of things, rather make them myself but these could work in pasta, veg, tomato casserole ...