Vegan Options at Burger King

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
My gym is next door to a subway and there is a Burger King about 200 yards down the street.
I have sort of a made-up rule to keep me from eating at Subway All the time. And over the years I have become an expert at eating vegan and WFPB at Subways. But I never go to BKs. I didn't' think there was anything vegan there to eat. I did go to BKs for an Impossible Whopper. but i hadn't even been to the gym that day. I also thought the Impossible Burger was pretty bad. this article came out and if it can be trusted there are a lot more options at BK than I thought. So I may start alternating between Subway and BK on an irregular basis.

My gym is next door to a subway and there is a Burger King about 200 yards down the street.
I have sort of a made-up rule to keep me from eating at Subway All the time. And over the years I have become an expert at eating vegan and WFPB at Subways. But I never go to BKs. I didn't' think there was anything vegan there to eat. I did go to BKs for an Impossible Whopper. but i hadn't even been to the gym that day. I also thought the Impossible Burger was pretty bad. this article came out and if it can be trusted there are a lot more options at BK than I thought. So I may start alternating between Subway and BK on an irregular basis.

Burger King is known as Hungry Jacks in Australia. They have recently introduced a vegan cheeseburger. I've yet to try it.
https://www.hungryjacks.com.au/menu/whopper/vegan-cheeseburger

Reactions: Emma JC
Subway is my go to for takeout usually, and here in Australia their veggie patty is vegan (which I understand it's not in the US unless something has changed). Some time back (at least a year, 2?) I tried BK's (Hungry Jacks) vegan burger. It was pretty much like I remember their whoppers, taste wise. I wouldn't go out of my way for it like I did then, because I don't think nostalgia for eating dead corpse is healthy for a vegan, but I would get it again in a pinch, just because it's an option.

Reactions: HappyRoxy and Lou
Subway is my go to for takeout usually, and here in Australia their veggie patty is vegan (which I understand it's not in the US unless something has changed). Some time back (at least a year, 2?) I tried BK's (Hungry Jacks) vegan burger. It was pretty much like I remember their whoppers, taste wise. I wouldn't go out of my way for it like I did then, because I don't think nostalgia for eating dead corpse is healthy for a vegan, but I would get it again in a pinch, just because it's an option.
I had Subway yesterday. Just a veggie delite with avo. I occasionally have the veggie patty when I want something a bit more substantial.

Reactions: Nekodaiden
I think we are supposed to get a Beyond Meat Meatball Sandwich at participating Subways. I will look for that tomorrow.

Reactions: HappyRoxy
Reactions: HappyRoxy
My local subway still does not have a vegan meatball sandwich. So it's still Veggie Delites for me.

My local subway still does not have a vegan meatball sandwich. So it's still Veggie Delites for me.
What?!?!?! Thats OUTRAGEOUS!!! I cant believe they wont stock vegan meatballs. I wold be making a former complaint to get a vegan meatball sub

Reactions: Lou
What?!?!?! Thats OUTRAGEOUS!!! I cant believe they wont stock vegan meatballs. I wold be making a former complaint to get a vegan meatball sub

From VegNews
"testing a sub sandwich made with Beyond Meat for a limited time at 685 select locations across the United States and Canada. Locations in Jackson, MS; South Bend, IN; Fresno, CA; Louisville, KY; Harrisburg, PA; and Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada will be part of the limited-time test."

I sometimes go to Fresno. so I guess I can get one there. And if the test is a success, I expect to see them here too.

I have tried Hungry Jacks Vegan Burger and I must say, its very nice. The cheese is a little hard and doesnt melt enough. They use a chickpea patty that has a little spice to it. And its loaded with heaps of lettuce. I would give this a try again.
Since I made that post, I've had the opportunity to try the burger too. I thought it was really filling. I wasn't a fan of it, but it's good to have another fast food option if I choose to eat that way.

I'm a huge fan of the impossible whopper and look forward to having it.
I do get tired of subway. If I wanted a sandwich, I can make my own, it'll be cheaper and actually have the things I like. BK is worth the fast food price.

Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
I, personally, prefer the Beyond Burger for taste, but the Impossible Burger is a close second. My only issue is that my local BK cooks it just like a regular burger. REALLY well done. They don't seem to understand that plant based burgers don't have the same safety issues as meat burgers.

They overcook it to the point that I get this flat, dry disk that has had all the moisture and flavor cooked out of it. I've cooked Impossible Burgers at home, so I know what they are supposed to taste like. I watched them cook it and saw them squish it with a spatula until all the juice came out. That is the way you cook meat, not plant based burgers.

I think they need better training.

Reactions: Lou
I actually like the well done taste. Only complaint is BK doesn't have the best fries. Rather have Wendy's.

I, personally, prefer the Beyond Burger for taste, but the Impossible Burger is a close second. My only issue is that my local BK cooks it just like a regular burger. REALLY well done. They don't seem to understand that plant based burgers don't have the same safety issues as meat burgers.

They overcook it to the point that I get this flat, dry disk that has had all the moisture and flavor cooked out of it. I've cooked Impossible Burgers at home, so I know what they are supposed to taste like. I watched them cook it and saw them squish it with a spatula until all the juice came out. That is the way you cook meat, not plant based burgers.

I think they need better training.
I had the Impossible at BK and hated it. I do love Beyond though. Impossible brought me back to having a really bad cow burger.
I don't know of any good fries but FIve Guys, which fries fresh cut potatoes in peanut oil, then sea salt, and has malt vinegar packets :drool:
Haven't had those in soooo long!

I need a vegan Popeyes, tofu or seitan I'll take either!

I really like Subway! I never have all that stuff at the same time, and I like the yoga mat buns, and the sweet onion dressing

I actually like the well done taste. Only complaint is BK doesn't have the best fries. Rather have Wendy's.
I'm the opposite, I like BK's fries better than Wendy's. :D

I'm intrigued about the vegan chicken sandwich. I've had the Impossible Whopper, but I prefer Beyond Burgers to the Impossible Burger. I would try the vegan chicken sandwich, though.