Question Vegan muesli

Jackdaw

West coast of Ireland
Reaction score
I’m looking for a vegan cereal.
I’ve noticed my usual museli from the supermarket has a milk product in the ingredients (milk whey I think).
I noticed today the health food shop has packets of museli. I guess this will be more expensive, but is it likely to be vegan? (I know, I should have asked the assistant)

what do vegans buy, and from whom, when buying museli?

Jackdaw

What are you looking for in muesli? I've toasted rolled oats, sliced almonds and coconut shreds then mixed with raisins, and dried apple if I had it, and pumpkin spices. I ate it with non dairy milk. It was an incomplete granola :p
I think most people assume things at health food stores lean vegan- I find they're no more or less likely to be unless specified.
Then there's this recipe-Toasted Muesli Recipe - Cookie and Kate

Reactions: Daisy
Thanks for the replies.

I might attempt to make my own muesli!

(Rolled oats and mixed fruit and nuts.)

Tomorrow I go shopping, so i’ll Let you know how I got on!

Last edited:
I was in a bit of a rush, so I ended up buying muesli at a health food shop which didn’t contain milk products.
And I also bought some almond milk.

That’s one meal a day sorted out as I attempt to go vegan!

Hmm. We've talked here about overnight oats, but i've always put non dairy milk over oats and fruit and ate at my work break a few hours later. I guess that counts as muesli?
I thought it was the toasting of oats, which i really do like!

Reactions: Grayveggie
I like to experiment with overnight oats. Some come out good, some not so much. I make my own kind of “muesli” by just using raw oatmeal or sometimes bite sized shredded wheat, sunflower seeds, almonds, unsweetened dried coconut, and either dried fruit or freeze dried fruit. I find the freeze dried fruit in packets at the grocery store and there is no added sugars in it.