Vegan in new york

MrsTillyMartin

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
My husband and I are going to New York later this year and are looking for recommendations for an great vegan spots...bakery’s, restaurants, coffee shops, anything.

Thanks,

T

My husband and I are going to New York later this year and are looking for recommendations for an great vegan spots...bakery’s, restaurants, coffee shops, anything.

Thanks,

T
Hi, I have heard that Candle 79 is amazing - we are visiting NYC the end of July and plan on visiting there.

Thanks! We are really looking forward to showing our dog Violet around the city! I hope you have a wonderful trip too. Please let us know if you find some amazing restaurants!

New York is probably the best place in the world to be vegan. There are tons of vegan or vegan-friendly restaurants. I can recommend Hangawi at 12 East 32nd Street, where you can have Korean food that is authentically vegan (it's what Korean Buddhist monks eat). I also love Souen East Village at 326 East 6th Street for vegan ramen; it's not a vegan restaurant, since they serve fish, but if you don't choose a dish that has fish in it, everything is vegan. I've also heard good things about Avant Garden at 130 East 7th Street. Finally, try Blossom at 187 9th Avenue, where I once had an amazingly realistic "steak".

Reactions: MrsTillyMartin
New York is probably the best place in the world to be vegan. There are tons of vegan or vegan-friendly restaurants. I can recommend Hangawi at 12 East 32nd Street, where you can have Korean food that is authentically vegan (it's what Korean Buddhist monks eat). I also love Souen East Village at 326 East 6th Street for vegan ramen; it's not a vegan restaurant, since they serve fish, but if you don't choose a dish that has fish in it, everything is vegan. I've also heard good things about Avant Garden at 130 East 7th Street. Finally, try Blossom at 187 9th Avenue, where I once had an amazingly realistic "steak".
Thank you so much for the recommendation!