Vegan for 4 years and now I'm eating meat/dairy regularly.

appleofmyuterus

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
For four years I was vegan and I was the lightest I've ever been. I think slowly but surely, I'd order something like a salad or a wrap and if it has cheese on it, I wouldn't request it to be remade. I didn't want to be THAT person. But now, especially since Doordash and UberEats, I've been eating any and everything you can imagine. I've gained 125 pounds and my energy is horrible, I'm sick a lot, etc.
I'm transitioning AGAIN and it's gonna kick my booty. Wish me luck!

welcome @appleofmyuterus to the forum and I join with the others in sending you the strength to hold as firm as you can this time

Like I have said many times, this is a journey and one which many of us have started and then been waylaid and started again and been waylaid again and then one day it clicks and you don't turn back. Try to stick to whole foods as much as possible and limit the oils, salts and processed sugars. There are so many tasty things to eat and so many spices to make them even tastier.

All the best with the journey, we are here to support.

Emma JC

Hi. Can I ask you what your original motivation was? Health? Animals? Environment? Or just weight loss?

I don't know you but if you make this commitment about something more than losing pounds it could make it easier to stick to.

Also, was your diet before satisfying? I'm curious as to why meat would be so tempting to you after four years. Did you eat balanced meals? Did you eat Beyond Burgers or Tofurky occasionally if you had a craving? Both things are important. Having healthy nutritous meals but also not letting yourself feel deprived like you're constantly "on a diet" can help. Being vegan isnt a diet or starvation plan, it's a whole lifestyle that allows for little mistakes but also treats, fun foods, and exploring different cuisine.

If you like Door Dash or Uber Eats and can afford that sort of thing, look around for plant-based Indian, Ethiopian and Middle Eastern food on delivery instead of animal products. Try vegan pizza or veggie pizza without cheese. Try Beyond or Impossible Burgers instead of meat.

Good luck to you. You can do this!

For four years I was vegan and I was the lightest I've ever been. I think slowly but surely, I'd order something like a salad or a wrap and if it has cheese on it, I wouldn't request it to be remade. I didn't want to be THAT person. But now, especially since Doordash and UberEats, I've been eating any and everything you can imagine. I've gained 125 pounds and my energy is horrible, I'm sick a lot, etc.
I'm transitioning AGAIN and it's gonna kick my booty. Wish me luck!

Thanks for sharing. I think your story illustrates the danger of letting little/occasional indiscretions snowball into full blown omnivorism. That little bit of cheese, those eggs, maybe those holiday indulgences over several weeks - all of them require flesh eating bacteria to digest, and those bacteria can gradually take hold and demand more and more. That, and the mental gymnastics that accompanies this while still identifying as a vegan has to play on one's conscience as well.

Welcome back.

I didn't want to be THAT person.

Be THAT person! :) Be the person who speaks up for your values, for your health and for your spirit! Be the person who brings attention to the fact that no, not everyone wants cheese in a freaking salad or a veggie wrap. (Cheese should be an add-on not a take off!) Stand up for you and animals and health. And very best of luck!

Last edited:
Good luck to you :) If you ate that way before, you can do it again! I ate like crap for 43 years and now after just eating plant based for 5 weeks I feel SO good and already lost 22 pounds! Sending you lots of good plant energy ♥

Good luck to you! I also need to lose a few kgs, and it is always easier to gain them than lose them again, unfortunately :eek: .

Happy to hear you are giving it another try, good success this time!