UK Vegan/Eco Laundry Products

cubader

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
HI I'm looking to making the switch to vegan laundry detergent/softener to vegan products, if they're less harmful to the environment that would be good too.

I was wondering what people recommend as I want to buy something that does a really good job. Also where are they available to buy?

I use Method for everything. I buy their laundry detergent, their hand soap, and their dish soap. They make a lot of cool stuff besides those things, too.

their parent company is Unilever which is a strike against them. but in today's age of huge multinationals, almost every good company is owned by some big bad company. And hey, the grocery store where we buy our rice also sells burgers so you can't necessarily buy only from vegan companies.

Anyway, Method is more expensive than most stuff. but its high-quality stuff and you use a lot less of it. . So I think it equals out. The first time you buy it - it comes in a very cool HQ reusable dispenser that looks good on the counter. When you buy refills it comes in a pouch. And the pouch is recyclable. And if you don't like their dispenser you can just buy the pouches to refill your own dispenser. They also come in a variety of pretty colors and fragrances. And if you don't like their product just keep the dispenser and refill it with something else.

Check out their website.

They have a really nice soap factory. Oh! they are made in Chicago so maybe they will be even harder to get in the UK>

I just checked out their website and they redesigned their dish soap and their hand soap dispenser, I like the new ones better.

Here in the USA a lot of stores have it. I have found that Target generally has the best prices. But since CV it can be hard to find. I just checked Amazon and some of the stuff is sold out. A Google Shopping search should show you where to get it.

HI I'm looking to making the switch to vegan laundry detergent/softener to vegan products, if they're less harmful to the environment that would be good too.

I was wondering what people recommend as I want to buy something that does a really good job. Also where are they available to buy?
I'm in the US too, but we do have many in the UK, and a specific product thread.
Maybe you can search this thread-

I like using laundry powder, like grab green and molly suds. They seem to last long.

Laundry Strips.

I was watching YouTube and came upon an ad.
It was for a product that I hadn't heard of that sounds like a really good idea.
a little Google and some Amazon research later I found out that this is not just one product but an example of a whole new category of laundry detergents.

I don't need any laundry detergent now but I think next time I buy detergent I'll buy something like this.

The ad was for Tru Earth Laundry Strips.
There are other laundry strips on Amazon too.

but it just sounds like a great idea. Their website goes on about how much plastic and energy would be saved if everyone bought these. It doesn't seem that expensive. It comes out to about 50¢ a load. I will have to do the math and figure out how much my method laundry detergent costs. The Dollar Store laundry detergent I used to buy costs like 3¢ a load.

Here is a link to their website.

A maybe not so independent review

And a more independent review

A little looking around in Amazon revealed a less expensive option, Breezeo. Also Plant-Based and Cruelty-Free.