Vegan christmas dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.
This year xmas is just gonna be like any other day here, we wont have a tree, most of our gifts we've already given to each other. I like to cook, but i still consider myself a bit too green in the world of vegan cooking to try anything complicated, plus I've been tired everyday for a long time.
It is what it is, i just feel a bit mopey about it.

I buy a bag of mixed nuts from Lidl's for approx. € 2.20. It contains, hazelnuts, almonds, cashews and Brazil nuts, walnuts and pecan nuts.. There is a recipe on VV (Christmas 2018) and honestly, you can't go wrong if you follow the instructions. It tastes far better than a seitan roast. 😉

Do you have a link to the recipe? I would love to try it! (or what does VV mean, is that a forum thing? I'm new here haha)

Reactions: shyvas
okay so our menu is now set... we will celebrate on Christmas Eve and on Christmas Day so two large meals and some small ones - I am responsible for the large ones

Christmas Eve will be a taco fest for 6
  1. hard tacos
  2. Gardein hamburger with spices
  3. ton of sides like pica (black olives, tomatoes, green onions, cilantro)
  4. self made taco sauce
  5. shreds
  6. greens
  7. refried beans
  8. side of mexican rice
  9. dessert, homemade date squares.

Christmas Day for 4
  1. Gardein turkey rolls
  2. colcannon (mashed potatoes mixed with well cooked cabbage, onions, garlic)
  3. root vegetable mix (squash, sweet potato, carrot, parnsip, turnip with some maple syrup mixed in)
  4. stuffing/dressing (whole grain and sourdough bread, apple, cranberries, lemon/zest, onions, garlic, celery, pecans, veggie stocks, tamari, tons of spices)
  5. Gravy - some from the Gardein packages and some homemade
  6. cranberry sauce
Dessert will be homemade, hopefully cherry pie.

I regret there aren't more greens but there is only so much room on the plate and when you have stuffing.... why waste space. lol

mmmm by mouth is watering

Emma JC

Last edited:
okay so our menu is now set... we will celebrate on Christmas Eve and on Christmas Day so two large meals and some small ones - I am responsible for the large ones

Christmas Eve will be a taco fest for 6
  1. hard tacos
  2. Gardein hamburger with spices
  3. ton of sides like pica (black olives, tomatoes, green onions, cilantro)
  4. self made taco sauce
  5. shreds
  6. greens
  7. refried beans
  8. side of mexican rice
  9. dessert, homemade date squares.

Christmas Day for 4
  1. Gardein turkey rolls
  2. colcannon (mashed potatoes mixed with well cooked cabbage, onions, garlic)
  3. root vegetable mix (squash, sweet potato, carrot, parnsip, turnip with some maple syrup mixed in)
  4. stuffing/dressing (whole grain and sourdough bread, apple, cranberries, lemon/zest, onions, garlic, celery, pecans, veggie stocks, tamari, tons of spices)
  5. Gravy - some from the Gardein packages and some homemade
  6. cranberry sauce
Dessert will be homemade, hopefully cherry pie.

I regret there aren't more greens but there is only so much room on the plate and when you have stuffing.... why waste space. lol

mmmm by mouth is watering

Emma JC
That all sounds amazing! I hope everyone has a great time!

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
Status
Not open for further replies.