What Discontinued Vegan Products Do You Still Miss?

beforewisdom

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
1. SanJay whole grain ramen soup packs
2. Rainforest Ginger Sauce
3. Vitasoy Soy Milk
4. Sister Shorter ( local brand ) rice and oat bars
5. Everything from the Women's Community Bakery ( full range of whole grain backed goods, made by a women's cooperative bakery )
6. Tempeh with live spores -- not in any of my local markets
7. Guayaki had a yerba matte drink spiked with guarana fruit which brought up the caffeine level to that of coffee.
8. Honest T in the squat glass bottles instead of the new bottles
9. Not discontinued, just no longer carried by my local stores -- Suneen vegan turkey salad bagels
10. Burritos made by a local co-op that longer exists.
11. Soy yogurt. Down to 1 brand in my area and I can't get the large plain flavored containers.
12. SO Delicious chocolate soy ice cream.

It hasn't been discontinued but I can not find GoVeggie parmesan in any of the stores that used to carry it.
Being that I just thought of it again - I ordered it from Amazon.

We had a juice company called Odwalla that made the best vegan protein drinks. Not all of their products were dairy free but a few were. but for some reason they went out of business during the lockdowns.

I never see so delicious soy ice cream anymore. It really bugs me. It was so good and creamy, especially the mocha almond fudge. All they have is almond and coconut milk varieties and they are very bland/not creamy.
I have not been able to get field roast sausages. They only have apple sage and I hate those.

I miss Earth Balance Mac & cheese, Whole Soy & Co yogurt, Beyond Meat buffalo bites (used to find that in the Whole Foods prepared section)

Still miss Trader Joes frozen Mango Sticky Rice. That was the first thing that got me going there! That and the Wildwood plain soy yogurt in big tubs, at a good price.

And of course the number one thing I miss-------JUST MAYO in big jars for $3.50!!!!!!!!!

There was a fruits of the forest frozen pie--pretty sure it was Sara Lee--lots of different berries, apple and rhubard that was vegan and so delicious. Been gone for years.

Campbells mushroom gravy

Reactions: KLS52
Tofurky Jurky! The original flavor; I really liked it and it was a good thing to have in my pantry for emergency protein. I’ve since discovered Louisville Vegan Jerky, which is also made from soy, but it’s spicier than Tofurky Jurky.

Still miss Trader Joes frozen Mango Sticky Rice. That was the first thing that got me going there! That and the Wildwood plain soy yogurt in big tubs, at a good price.

And of course the number one thing I miss-------JUST MAYO in big jars for $3.50!!!!!!!!!

There was a fruits of the forest frozen pie--pretty sure it was Sara Lee--lots of different berries, apple and rhubard that was vegan and so delicious. Been gone for years.

Campbells mushroom gravy
I, too, miss Just Mayo.

I really like those but usually buy them either in the UK or US. We don't get them over here.

I have one chocolate/mint one left that is in my fridge.
I don't think Cliff Builder Bars are vegan here in the US.
I sort of remember standing in a grocery aisle looking at ingredients.

Only some Cliff bars are vegan here. I don't buy them often enough to remember which one are or are not. They are one of less expensive protein bars so I sometimes do want to get them. I think the chocolate brownie one is vegan.

I don't think Cliff Builder Bars are vegan here in the US.
I sort of remember standing in a grocery aisle looking at ingredients.

Only some Cliff bars are vegan here. I don't buy them often enough to remember which one are or are not. They are one of less expensive protein bars so I sometimes do want to get them. I think the chocolate brownie one is vegan.
Hmm, I wonder whether they have changed the ingredients in Clif Builder Bars. I don't recall them having any dairy or other animal ingredients. I think they have the standard "may contain" warning for allergens and whatnot. Admittedly, it's been a while since I have had one.

Hmm, I wonder whether they have changed the ingredients in Clif Builder Bars. I don't recall them having any dairy or other animal ingredients. I think they have the standard "may contain" warning for allergens and whatnot. Admittedly, it's been a while since I have had one.

No they are vegan.

Reactions: PTree15
No they are vegan.
Oh wow. this is good news.
I'm not sure where I got the idea that they weren't. Maybe it was just the palm oil.
They are inexpensive at Trader Joe's but I generally pass them by.
Sometimes I get a cliff chocolate brownie - cause I thought I figured out they were vegan.
In double checking I found this great informational page.

Sometimes they have them on sale at the Supermarket. Next time they do I will get a bunch to check out and figure out which flavors I like. They would be a good emergency snack.

Also on one of the podcasts I listen to - Builder Bars are a sponsor. and they have some kind of discount of the listeners. I always zone that out but now I'll have to listen for it.

Reactions: PTree15
Some are, some aren't. You have to watch it. I think the crunchy peanut butter was vegan as well. Was my favorite.

Reactions: Lou