Lost Vegan lamb and harissa recipe

ScootnyVeg

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Flexitarian
Hi folks!

Glad I found this forum. I'm a Flexitarian who live a strict Vegan lifestyle for 20 years. Times change and diets do as well, but I still make a large amount of vegan food. One of my favorites was a recipe I found online about 12-15 years ago for vegan lamb chops with harissa. This was a family favorite and both the lamb and harissa came out great very time. So much so that a started doubling everything to keep up with the demand! It involved making a gluten roast that was boiled, then sliced and placed on a hot skillet to brown/char them. So good! Unfortunately Ive either misplaced or lost it and after over a year of looking at home and online I've yet to come across my beloved recipe. I
made it for Easter every year until last, and while I found a good substitute, it's a very different thing altogether. Is this a familiar sounding recipe to anyone in the community? I'd really appreciate any help in finding my lost vegan lamb. Thanks

Looking forward

ScootnyVeg

Thanks so much. As it turns out, this is the dish I've started making instead of my old one. It's delicious! So funny that you found this one too.

• Haha
Reactions: silva
It says to use a plastic blade in the food processor. Is it necessary?
I probably used my stand mixer with dough hook for like 10-15 min., it's been some time since I made this recipe
I've since acquired a Breville food processor that does have a plastic blade. I don't know how much difference it makes-I did read about the blade breaking the strands, somethingsomething....
I got the Breville at a crazy good price from someone who never even used it---its crazy powerful! I once processed seitan dough the usual 2 min shreds call for and it came out like a polymer! It takes less than a minute to taffy state

Really, just resting dough overnight, stretching, braiding or knotting, will give a nice texture

I'll have to make this again

Reactions: Brian W
Saw that one too. It does look interesting. Keep in mind folks, I've scoured the internet for over a year looking for my old recipe. Went through my old searches from 12-15 years ago and the old page that hosted the recipe is gone. It's not an easy find. My hope someone on the forum printed it out and sees this. Thanks. Looking forward.