Vegan au-pair looking for a family

vegansailor

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

My name is Sarah and I'm 22. I live in Geneva, Switzerland and I'm looking for a job as an au-pair in an English speaking country for next summer. As an animal lover and vegan (for almost 8 years now), I'd rather stay with a vegan or vegetarian family for obvious reasons ;)

I have experience in working with children, as a babysitter and I used to be a scout leader with kids between 5 to 11yo. I also took classes at the swiss Red Cross where they teached me how to take care of babies/children, here is the description in french: Croix-Rouge vaudoise - Baby-Sitting

I really enjoy vegan cooking and reading. I'm a positive person, open-minded, art and animal lover.

Do you have any advice on how to find a suitable family or do you by chance know one looking for an au-pair? Just in case, this is my email:

Best regards,

Sarah

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello there,

If you are seeking a position as an au pair, I would strongly suggest that you either contact a reputable au pair agency or ask acquaintances that could recommend a family.

I have deleted your e mail address as this is a public forum.

Good luck.

Hello, Sarah - welcome to VV!

There's a vegetarian, almost vegan, family in our neighbourhood who have had an au-pair before. They're into Montessori schools and attachment parenting etc. You may want to seek out that sort of groups online and see if you have better luck there.

Hi Sarah,

I really wish you all the best with this. I worked as a au-pair and nanny in my late teens (when I was vegetarian) and found it challenging with an family that didn't understand. Thankfully I eventually found a wonderful family in the end who were just happy to let me be me _ whilst I was with them I went vegan too. Wow - that was a long time ago now!

Finding a vegetarian or vegan-friendly family should be much easier these days - maybe there are other places you could put the word out too.

Hi, I know I am a little late to reply to this thread but I am seeking a vegan (or vegetarian) AuPair for an immediate start with my family. I have been let down by two girls I was communicating with (through the Aupair portals) and am now looking at other ways to find the perfect girl for our family. Sarah I would be interested to hear from you or from anyone else who would like to be an Aupair. Thank you :)

Hi, I know I am a little late to reply to this thread but I am seeking a vegan (or vegetarian) AuPair for an immediate start with my family. I have been let down by two girls I was communicating with (through the Aupair portals) and am now looking at other ways to find the perfect girl for our family. Sarah I would be interested to hear from you or from anyone else who would like to be an Aupair. Thank you :)

Just PM Sarah (or quote her post ) it should get to her Email box , she might know of someone in the vegan community that would be interested