Rory17

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Hello,
I have just gone vegan again as of last week (I would go to and fro with being vegan vs veggie). We are due to go away to Lanzarote in November (yay!).
We have managed with my being vegan in Lanzarote before. However, most of the desserts at the restaurants are not vegan, and neither are the Canarian cheeses that I love.
I have Autism, possible OCD and a real tendency to be too hard on myself. I also have anxiety. I am/want to be quite determined to stay vegan this time, for the animals. However, I have been having cravings/a desire to go back to veggie for the holiday. It would be easier for me and my family. I would be able to enjoy the Canarian cheeses and desserts. I have tried telling myself the message of the animals’ lives and rights being more important than my enjoyment of the Canarian cheeses and desserts. I have had unwanted thoughts about going back to being veggie, which I really don’t want to do for the animals’ sake. I have also lots of anxiety over not being able to have the desserts in particular.
What would you do? What would you advise?
Please help asap, not to be rude.
Sending a virtual hug.
Rory.
Namaste.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52
Hi, congrats for doing what you have done so far. I became vegan over twenty years ago! and I loved cheese!. It was the most
challenging thin go let go of, but when I watched what happened in the dairy industry it was an easier decision. Take a look at the
video below to understand more, also watch "earthlings" and put yourself in the place of the animals. Also, you are a male. You (and any
human including women) have no need for the high Estrogens in every dairy and animal product!. Look at the number of men in the world
who have moobs, man breasts. Those happen because of excess weight, but also because of eating animal estrogens.
Cashew cheese is easy to make and delicious as another option. Almond milk and ice cream are also delicious choices to make.
DAIRY IS SCARY.....

Hi, congrats for doing what you have done so far. I became vegan over twenty years ago! and I loved cheese!. It was the most
challenging thin go let go of, but when I watched what happened in the dairy industry it was an easier decision. Take a look at the
video below to understand more, also watch "earthlings" and put yourself in the place of the animals. Also, you are a male. You (and any
human including women) have no need for the high Estrogens in every dairy and animal product!. Look at the number of men in the world
who have moobs, man breasts. Those happen because of excess weight, but also because of eating animal estrogens.
Cashew cheese is easy to make and delicious as another option. Almond milk and ice cream are also delicious choices to make.
DAIRY IS SCARY.....
Thank you. Actually, I am female. Rory has been my nickname since childhood…

Thank you. Actually, I am female. Rory has been my nickname since childhood…
Oops, Great thanks for telling me. However, women need no cow, pig, or chicken estrogens either!. Look at photos of the
sizes of womens breasts in the past 150 years. Look at generations of women, grandma, mother, daughter, and see how
their breasts have multiplied in size. Very scary. Hormones stimulate growth, including the growth of cancer and tumors.
Breast size is an indication of estrogens. Some kids are not going through puberty at age 7 or 8, totally unnatural. As they
increase their fat and hormone intake that is one result. Dairy products and chance of breast cancers increase are linked.
look at switch4good and see the information. I love animals, and the dairy industry is incredibly cruel, taking the calf away from
the mom right after birth, what a heartless thing to do. Incredibly selfish. Good luck on your journey, rachel.

from my experience it's only really hard at first when you go vegan. the big thing is finding alternatives you like. vegan food is yummy, I think it tastes better than non vegan.
I did take a slower path when I transitioned too, so I'd use vegan alternatives for the most part and only ate the things when I craved it. the alternatives weren't as good back then though.

Reactions: PTree15
I'm assuming that you are very specific about taste and texture?
Or is it so that you associate certain foods to certain events? That it's a part of your routine?

I'd recommend, if it doesn't cause too much anxiety, to try out different plant-based cheeses. I personally greatly enjoy Violife's Smoked Flavour. Everything that has "smoked flavour" in it, actually.
Vegan cheese is never exactly the same as "real" thing, but once you get used to it, it can be even better.
If in the destination, there is no vegan cheese available, you could try to find other alternatives, such as nuts, avocado or hummus. I know, not what you are looking for, but I have found these to satisfy my cravings for cheese from time to time.

Desserts can also be tricky, but there are alternatives. Raisins, fruits, vegan cakes, chocolates, etc.
It's extremely difficult to try out new things, but if you can, it might be rewarding.

I know this doesn't help, but I'll say it anyway. Try be kind to yourself. You try your best. No-one is perfect. Eventually, you'll find a way to succeed.

Namaste.

Last edited by a moderator: