Vegan Aldi

silva

Forum Legend
Reaction score
I know some of us are Aldi shoppers, and they are expanding. With so many here now-gone tomorrow specials, as well as products that are "accidently" vegan I felt we need a place to post finds and reviews!
Mine has kept the tofu-firm and extra firm
Earth Grown Vegan products-hot dogs (like Litelife brand), meatless balls (better than TJ's) Variety of burger patties
Cookies- have to check for regional differences, but so far Benton Chocolate chip, striped, peanut butter GS type, and sandwich cookies. Seasonal varieties of peppermint or hot cocoa "oreos" type! ( makes a great pie crust)
Oriental blend frozen veggies in 2 lb bags
Many of the special flavored potato chips are vegan
The special find Frozen pie crust is vegan (not the roll out one though)
Great pasta sauces and varieties of pastas
Kitchen tools and small appliances have been very good buys- I've had a 'bullet' style blender from there for years, as well as a waffle iron
Medjool dates- have always been fresh and at $4.99 a lb a good buy-watch for discounts and freeze
Good big tubs of spring mix, and some good produce prices. Produce can be iffy dependent on store
Salad dressings, hummuses, olives pickles, peppers, and artichokes

and this find for Dec 9 week--32 oz for $7.99

1606922350257.png

...and fair trade coffees, dry beans $2.69 for 2 lbs
raw and roasted nuts, dried fruits, organic spices
and Moser Roth dark chocolates--mint, orange almond, sea salt, chili and two kinds of plain dark in different percents dark

I'm always kind of jealous that ALDI USA has so much more vegan stuff than the ALDIs in Germany (both South and North).

I used to shop Aldi when I was a carnivore... Just recently started going back.

The best breakfast sausage I've tasted came from Aldi.
OMG!!
Breakfast Sausage Pic
I don't know if you realize it or not, but Earth Grown is not all vegan--the vegan products have "vegan" under the Earth Grown
Those sausages, and the Italian sausages, have egg
Have you tried the meatless meatballs yet? I like them a lot, both for pasta sauces or Swedish style baked

• Informative
Reactions: David3
Hey Aldi shoppers! This week (sales differ regionally so?) they have Moser Roth dark cranberry, and dark hazelnut bars as a special. I guess they're a regular in some areas, but in mine are a special.
I bought 5 cranberry and 2 hazelnut. Moser Roth dark is my favorite chocolate!

Reactions: KLS52 and David3
Hey Aldi shoppers! This week (sales differ regionally so?) they have Moser Roth dark cranberry, and dark hazelnut bars as a special. I guess they're a regular in some areas, but in mine are a special.
I bought 5 cranberry and 2 hazelnut. Moser Roth dark is my favorite chocolate!
Here in Ireland those would only be specials... A few weeks ago they had the Vegan original which is like milk chocolate as a special I Really liked it...ended up buying a bunch of them!

Here in Ireland those would only be specials... A few weeks ago they had the Vegan original which is like milk chocolate as a special I Really liked it...ended up buying a bunch of them!
To me that would be the dark sea salt? I find that much creamier than other vegan dark chocolate

To me that would be the dark sea salt? I find that much creamier than other vegan dark chocolate
Nope, here it is a really milky chocolate that they call Vegan original...probably just the difference of countries...

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
Where I have lived, I have found that Aldi's has the best fresh produce. And they seem to be increasing their vegan products as well. I'll be honest I haven't been for a while but a neighbor/friend bombarded me with txts last time she went about all the vegan stuff they have.

Reactions: KLS52
I finally did a biggish shopping at Aldi, and they had almond milk-based vegan ice cream! I bought mocha fudge and vanilla. I will try them (yes, a scoop each, hehe) tonight after dinner.

I finally did a biggish shopping at Aldi, and they had almond milk-based vegan ice cream! I bought mocha fudge and vanilla. I will try them (yes, a scoop each, hehe) tonight after dinner.
It was supposed to be a seasonal product all last summer, but got recalled in Aug. That mocha fudge is my most favorite!
Curious to know how you liked them. I found the chocolate one tasted of coconut-they all have coconut oil, but the mocha and vanilla were ok to me, just the chocolate

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
It was supposed to be a seasonal product all last summer, but got recalled in Aug. That mocha fudge is my most favorite!
Curious to know how you liked them. I found the chocolate one tasted of coconut-they all have coconut oil, but the mocha and vanilla were ok to me, just the chocolate
Oh, good to know that you liked the mocha fudge. They had that and vanilla only. I didn't realize they are made with coconut oil, but maybe it won't be too bad. I've seen coconut milk-based ice creams, but I don't like coconut, so I avoid those.

• Informative
Oh, good to know that you liked the mocha fudge. They had that and vanilla only. I didn't realize they are made with coconut oil, but maybe it won't be too bad. I've seen coconut milk-based ice creams, but I don't like coconut, so I avoid those.
Maybe I shouldn't have said anything! o_O
I hate coconut milk in anything but a rare curry. I didn't get any taste in the mocha, and the chocolate I had I used in strong iced coffee and that was good

Maybe I shouldn't have said anything! o_O
I hate coconut milk in anything but a rare curry. I didn't get any taste in the mocha, and the chocolate I had I used in strong iced coffee and that was good
No worries! I think they will be good. I like the price. $2.99 is pretty good.

• Love
These are almond milk. Aldi also gets specials of coconut milk, and oat milk. I loved the strawberry oatmilk and the java one!
I even tried the coconut milk strawberry cheesecake because of course someone told me I wouldn't taste the coconut-yeah sure :tired_face:. Ruined it!

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
I proclaim both flavors delicious. I loved the mocha fudge, and the vanilla was great as well. I like that they seem less sweet than some of the other vegan ice creams. I'm sold. I'll be buying these again.

Reactions: Brian W and shyvas