Vegan accomodation in Ireland in exchange for work

Giorgio Boccia

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello,
I am Italian, vegan and animal activist and I am thinking about moving to Ireland in a couple of months, maybe less, I want to see if life is suitable for me there, or just realize how life is in the green country. I am actually living in Madrid, I came here from my country as a volunteer in El Hogar ProVegan, the first and one of the most well-known Animal Sanctuaries in Spain. After six months on veganism, I decided my life has to take a steep change and in September last year I quit my old job and contacted El Hogar in order to try a new experience, which lasted more then 7 months. I've never had such an intense, long term, hard-working experience in my whole life! It has been really hard, and really rewarding, rescuing, feeding, taking care of hundreds of animals. It has changed my life in a way there is no return to the old style now!
What I am looking for, now, is a new experience in Ireland, and I thought it might be helpful (for improving my English as well) to exchange my skills for accomodation and food (of course, vegan!). So, basically, i will be very grateful to anyone who can give me just clues to suitable websites, boards or forum, and of course to anyone who is willing to offer me such a possibility. The idea is to start from a two-three months period, and see what it will look like. What I can do for a possible host:
1) Clean the house, making simple maintenance jobs, shopping (I have a B European driving licence), cooking simple vegan recipes (yet effective and tasty - there is space for new ones though!)
2) Taking care of your pets
3) Teach you Italian: I have a degree in Foreign Languages and Literatures and an experience in teaching Italian language abroad: one year in Argentina, six months in Japan. If you need very specific skill in this language (writing effective articles, get in touch with the Italian culture, apply for a job in which Italian language skills is a must), I can help you
4) Practice your Spanish skills
5) Shiatsu: I am a qualified Shiatsu operator and i can treat people (though laws varies depending on country, I usually make massage treatments according to the Masunaga techniques)
6) Help you with your PC maintenance
7) Many more little skills I am not aware about at the moment.
I can provide references if necessary.

I will be very grateful for any possible advice, even if not specifically interested in my skill, or if you want to just have more information about the time I spent in the Spain Animal Sanctuary, if interested, I will be happy to enlight you. Many many thanks to everyone! Giorgio