Vegan* 2 weeks

Satchitananda

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to post about being vegan* now for 2 weeks. I put an asterisk because I have still been eating some whey protein I have left over. I probably have 2.5 weeks - 3 weeks left of the container, but just purchased my pea protein to make the full transition to being Vegan by New Year's (switching from Naked Whey to Naked Pea) - I lift weights and do a fair amount of cardio 6-7 x a week, so need the extra protein. Anyways, I feel great. I always ate pretty healthy and was a vegetarian for 13 years and for the past 4 years had been eating some poultry and fish each week. I have never tried to go vegan though. I was worried right around the holidays, especially getting together with my wife's family whom have never known me as a complete vegetarian, but it was fine. I even made some vegan cheese dip for my sister in-law's cheese board and everyone liked it. I made my own main entrees for main courses and it was fine. And a special thanks to Lou on here for introducing me to Cronometer because I have really been able to hone in on my diet to meet my micronutrient requirements without supplementation other than for taking a vegan vit D, B12 and epa/dha supplement (really didn't have to change much from my earlier diet other than eating additional leafy greens, sea weed flakes, nutritional yeast and increasing the amount of seeds I was already eating). So, I'm on board thanks for the users here who answered some of my questions earlier on in my transition. I decided to be vegan for several reasons, but one was spiritual and I do feel a lot more in harmony with the universe being plant based, even more so then back when I was a vegetarian. Peace everyone.

Om shanti, shanti, shanti.

Watch the documentary, "The Game Changers". It's on most streaming services, Netflix, youtube, and see what the
world's strongest men eat. I would pitch that whey protein as a confirmation to my decision to become vegan.
Good luck!