Various random thoughts & observations....

The Advantage II also goes between the shoulder blades. I've been using it for a few years now. My four are strictly indoor cats but I still treat them during the Summer months, because, guess what? They got fleas last year and then from the fleas they got worms! I was so mad. I had no idea they could get either since they don't go outside. We did have that mouse problem, though, and I think I read that mice carry fleas and fleas can transmit worms. So I continue to treat them. I like the Advantage because it works really well on fleas.

Just don't ever us Hartz, that stuff is deadly. I guess most people know that by now though.

Reactions: KLS52
My fingernails smell like celery & sesame oil. :weird: To be fair, I just rubbed sesame oil into my nails, and before that I was chopping celery. LOL :rolleyes:

We used to use Frontline, but the vet told me that it didn't work so I switched to Advantage. They are all indoor cats and I haven't seen any fleas at all.

Is it just me, or does the urge to urinate get noticeably much more intense the very second you enter a bathroom? I had to start doin' the pee-pee dance while I removed my apron.... :confused: LMAO

When I stand on the porch at night & look to my left, there are three elongated shadows... the furthest is the tree, the nearest is the telephone pole, & the the middle one (although I know it's comprised of the leaves on the tree) looks like there's an alien standing just around the corner of my house. :tinfoilhat:

Corn syrup is not a good substitute for maple syrup. Turns out is isn't very sweet despite having syrup in it's name. It makes for some very bitter brownies. :yuck:

Corn syrup is not a good substitute for maple syrup. Turns out is isn't very sweet despite having syrup in it's name. It makes for some very bitter brownies. :yuck:
I only use corn syrup for grape nut bars and when I've made chocolate or caramel syrup. I wouldn't use any kind of syrup for brownies! Why not sugar? I'm done making vegan brownies anyway. I think brownies are top of my list for things better with eggs. Don't like when other people like things I make when I'm the one who wanted it, and I don't like it

Reactions: Val
I only use corn syrup for grape nut bars and when I've made chocolate or caramel syrup. I wouldn't use any kind of syrup for brownies! Why not sugar? I'm done making vegan brownies anyway. I think brownies are top of my list for things better with eggs. Don't like when other people like things I make when I'm the one who wanted it, and I don't like it
The recipe I was using used maple syrup or agave and I didn't have either. I didn't want to try experimenting with substituting dry sugar. Black Bean Brownies - (No Flour Required!)

I've had black bean brownies before (with flour) and they were really good. Tasted like a traditional brownie. I am going to try this flourless recipe.

I don't get you people. I've had vegan "brownies" that were --awright, but vegan brownies are vegan brownies. I hate that other people like them. I hate when non vegans like vegan things I make that I dislike. No, I don't want to make them again
I've tried the second recipe from here site--blech. As good as the raw ones look--dates and chocolate are yucky.
I have improvised a weird tofu/cocoa/ a bit of flour that I did like- kinda more fudgey.
I've tried them with flax, with starches, tofu, beans. Disappointment.
I was a big brownie fan. Anyway, I make good cookies and cake

I've had black bean brownies before (with flour) and they were really good. Tasted like a traditional brownie. I am going to try this flourless recipe.
I would like to try these, but I fear they might have too "beany" a flavor. I've tried avocado pudding that people swore did not taste like avocado, but I didn't like it because I detected the avocado. :D

Some gluten free cookies are a good source for vegans . I am eating through "choc chip cookies" :) the tag says Gluten free ,Wheat free , Dairy free , Vegan , Egg free , no added yeast

We ended up eating the whole pan of brownies even with the bitter taste, I guess neither one of us can pass up chocolate. :p

I don't get you people. I've had vegan "brownies" that were --awright, but vegan brownies are vegan brownies. I hate that other people like them. I hate when non vegans like vegan things I make that I dislike. No, I don't want to make them again
I've tried the second recipe from here site--blech. As good as the raw ones look--dates and chocolate are yucky.
I have improvised a weird tofu/cocoa/ a bit of flour that I did like- kinda more fudgey.
I've tried them with flax, with starches, tofu, beans. Disappointment.
I was a big brownie fan. Anyway, I make good cookies and cake

I sort of get that. Apparently I make delicious banana bread that gets requested all the time, but I don't really like banana bread very much. I usually taste things before giving them away to make sure they are good, so not thrilled with tasting the bread.

I would like to try these, but I fear they might have too "beany" a flavor. I've tried avocado pudding that people swore did not taste like avocado, but I didn't like it because I detected the avocado. :D
I tried to make that too, it was gross. I did have some sweet potato chocolate pudding once that wasn't that great at a potluck, but after a few bites I got used to the flavor and ate two bowls of it. :D

These are really good, but they are more fudge like than cake like.

Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
Still taste like cocoa flavored black beans....
But yeah, pretty good...