Various random thoughts & observations....

Despite legislation to fix the problem, TV commercials are still louder than the programming they're constantly interrupting.

I keep seeing this tiny little bunny on our property.... sooo adorable! And he (I don't know what sex it is, I'll just say "he") was on our front lawn when I pulled up to the curb. I ran inside, grabbed one of the carrot sticks (I know, how cliché), snapped it in fourths, tossed the pieces out on the lawn, & went back inside to get out my sammich fixins & listen to some cool music.

I crept outside (yes, to drink some wine & have half a smoke... that's all I allow myself here now), and there he was.... of course he froze up, but I saw him due to the full-ish moon through the trees/clouds.... I stayed calm, did my thing, all the while softly whispering & making rabbit noises/comforting (?) sounds.... he stuck around & began eating a carrot chunk. He's SO small! He needs to eat! And I hope he doesn't get too used to people, especially around here. But I let him know he could trust me... but to run & run fast, because there's a lot of traffic (during the day, nearby school... at night, very close to bar district.... both crowds will run stop signs & probably run over anything in their path.)

I know. I "talk" to animals. Maybe I'm crazy, but I dig it. This made me remember a few years ago... same porch, same situation, saw two rabbits (one male, one female from the looks of their behavior), they chased around a bit, vanished... then I started making the rabbit calls (quick, high-pitched, ascending whistle) and they reappeared... shortly thereafter, another male showed up & he and the younger one chased each other around the lawn while the female just sat there, presenting. *** up & everything, but the boys chased on, not even noticing. (I would not have let any confrontation ensue, I knew this had to be a "dance", although I'd never experienced it until that very moment)....

I stood out on that porch, motionless, for over 45 minutes.... just to watch.

I like those moments. Like the shooting stars while listening to "Starman"... or the bald eagle I saw through the sun roof that made me pull over. I like to take photos of stuff... never of me... but food I make, Jerry's beasties, etc....

But those other moments, how long or how brief, that I get to experience... just me & not through a lens.... those are nice. :zen:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, I typed so much... I need to make food now, not rereading anything, so forgive any typos.... :tinfoilhat:

Last edited:
Reactions: Blues
I talk to animals, too. :). Yesterday I saw a bird on my afternoon walk and he didn't fly away as I approached...so I had to stop and say "hi, birdie ", and then I made little kissy sounds at him. I swear he chirped back, lol!

Reactions: Val
I don't know what I was thinking. :fp: How silly of me.... of course we talk to animals! :argh:I must have forgotten where I was. LOL :p

I just happened to peek at the nutritional information on the back of my bag of frozen Brussels sprouts and I did a double-take.... One serving, a mere FIVE sprouts, has 90% of the RDA for vitamin C!! Wow! :)

Do ya dig broccoli?? One serving (of my frozen stuff) has 50% RDA of vitamin C.... still WAY more than an orange. ;)

Broccoli I love. Especially raw. Give me a plate of raw broccoli and a vegan ranch dip, and I'm happy. Add some other raw veggies, and I'm over the moon. As long as none of those veggies are Brussels sprouts. :p

Pass me your Brussels sprouts. They're my favorite veggie, since I can't find asparagus that actually tastes like asparagus.
Brussels sprouts for everyone! Except AmySF. LOL :p (flings Brussels sprouts everywhere) Heads-up! Careful, they're frozen! :ignore:

I just cooked zucchini that had very 'pocked' skin. Didn't seem spoiled at all, so I peeled it and steamed it,but it tasted very off

I just searched for my phone 'cause I thought it was vibrating. It was just a snoring cat

Ever in the middle of talking with someone and notice a eyelash directly on their eyeball? Like they don't even feel it, and you have to interrupt because it's like you can feel it. Getting to a mirror quickly enough to get out an eyelash, or other hair, is a major success for me. They cause me great pain

Aldi gets really great special stuff, and they sell too fast, and then disappear. I got a garlic peppercorn salad dressing- no sugars, low oil. Too tart for me on salad, but mixed with a lot of nooch and Just Mayo is divine.

I found the fattest, tenderest asparagus for $3.99. I thought it was for the bunch, so I looked for the biggest one. It was by the pound. I spent about 5. on it and finished it quickly with my son. Best ever! :up:Stinky, stinky pee.

I've noticed my walking pace is too brisk for automatic doors. :p When I go to the store, I try to make my visit as brief as possible... I get into my "New York walk"... passin' people left & right, dodgin' & weavin', 'scuse me, pardon me.... and every time I get to an automatic door I have to halt. LOL